Hensley DNA Project with FTDNA

Hensley DNA Project with FTDNA

Joe Henslee (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2005 12:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2005 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Henslee, Hensley
Cousins, Possible Cousins, Friends, etc:
I have just signed up to administer the Hensley (and variant spellings) DNA Project. My daughter will also be assisting me in this project. Right now, I'm in a learning curve so it will take me a few weeks to come up to speed on this project. Please be patient with me meanwhile.

I'm a direct descendant of Benjamin Henslee, b.1776 Henry Co, VA(?), William Conrad Henslee, b. 1832, Monroe Co.,Tn, James Hiram Henslee b.1857 Rabun Co, GA, Joseph F Henslee, b.1889, Rabun Co, Ga, Cecil Henslee, b 1916, Rabun Co, Ga, me and two other generations follow.

Re: Hensley DNA Project with FTDNA

Barb Lynn (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2005 2:47AM GMT
Bless your heart Joe.
I am glad someone has come forward with the ability to do this as many of the Hensley researchers have wanted this for a long time.
I will pass this information on to my two Hensley web sites at myfamily.com and see if I can't get some volunteers to participate in the testing.
Thanks again,
Barb

Ray Page (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2005 8:44PM GMT
I missed some of this. What is the DNA Projcet being discussed here and does it have a message borad of its own?

Joe Henslee (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2005 5:31AM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2005 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: Hensley
Ray, I have just accepted responsibility for the Hensley DNA Project Administrator. I'm still getting my feet wet but the following URL should give you more info on this project.

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/h/hensley/

I will be distributing additional information in the coming days.

Thanks for your interest.

Joe

Barb Lynn (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2005 2:15PM GMT
Joe, the link to the Hensley DNA project is not working. Do you know if this is only a temporary thing, or has it been closed?

Joe Henslee (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2005 3:27PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2005 1:15AM GMT
Barb, etal.

I expect that the website is down temporarily and will be back on the air soon. I am trying to contact them now.

I'll post back here as soon as I have further information.

Joe Henslee (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2005 8:08PM GMT
The Hensley DNA Project Website is now up.
11/28/05 3:00PM ET

REX WEBB (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2005 9:33PM GMT
i am interested in this project. i have a uncle aubrey hensley from harrison co texas i wud pay to get done. his dad was louis henry hensley, his dad lewis c hensley 1845 ind?

i have had my done for the webbs i matched a jack webb in ga and we meet back at a john webb 1705 in va. so it does work.

my num is 1 888 300 5528 if i can help.

Joe Henslee (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2005 3:13AM GMT
Rex, do you have some dates on Lewis Henry and Aubrey? I'm not sure what Hensley/Henslee line they came from but the DNA should be of benefit as we begin to fill in the early Hensleys.

We're just getting the DNA done at any time is fine with us. I'm sure that he would appreciate your generosity as do we.

REX WEBB (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2005 2:02PM GMT
BUFORD AUBREY HENSLEY BN 18 APRIL 1928 TX
LOUIS HENRY HENSLEY BN 12 MAY 1884 TX OR LA
D. SET 8 1963

LEWIS C HENSLEY BN 1845 INDIANA
SAMPSON HENSLEY JAN 1 1799
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions