Search for content in message boards

John C. Maxwell

John C. Maxwell

Posted: 13 Jun 2006 2:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Maxwell
Several months ago, Don Maxwell of the Maxwell DNA Study, forwarded to me a genealogy report on John C. Maxwell 1776-1840, furnished by Jim Maxwell, dated Aug. 30, 2005. At the time I couldn't make the link between John C. and my branch, John & Mahala of Indiana-Barry Co. Missouri. I have finally made that link. Anyone interested in this branch of the Maxwell family tree can email me for details. Here is the short version: John C. Maxwell , son of "Rusty" John Maxwell & Rebecca Anderson, grandson of John & Francis "Fanny" Garner, is a brother of my Bazel Maxwell, father of John Maxwell of Wayne Co. KY m. Mahala Weddle. This went a long way to validate this rather obscure line of Maxwell's that is my line. I don't remember if Don sent this to me as a result of a DNA match or not, I hope so.

Re: John C. Maxwell

larry maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2006 12:08AM GMT
Richard:
I'd be interested in your findings.
maxhouse@cox.net

Posted: 15 May 2011 12:52AM GMT
Looking for info on a John Maxwell, born approx 1775 and died between 1840-1850 in Alabama. Possible children: Edward, David, Benjamin, John, James, and Bailey. Is this the same family?

Posted: 26 Aug 2011 1:07PM GMT
I would like to see any notes you could share on this line.

We are searching for documentation for parents of a Thomas Wright Maxwell (1837 Ala. - 1922 La.).
He shows up in records of N. Ala and was CSA.
There is a Thomas Maxwell who m Elizabeth Wright 12-29-1791 in
Bourbon County, Ky performed by Rev. Andrew McClure in Roan Oak area. He also performed the marriage of Wm. Maxwell and Rebecca Keelock? 1-1-1789.
We are wondering if these Maxwells are a connection to our Thomas Wright.

We are part of the Maxwell DNA project.

Posted: 9 Jul 2013 12:43AM GMT
Richard, I would be interested in your findings.

I am researching Thomas W. Maxwell.

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 2:01PM GMT
Richard, I am researching a group of Maxwells in Jackson and DeKalb Counties in the 1820 - 1850 timeframe in Alabama who seem to have connections to Maxwells in Marion County, TN. My research has recently led me to think that some of these Maxwells may have links to Wayne County, KY. The family I'm researching is in Group 6 of the Maxwell Family DNA Study. I would be very interested in your research. Thanks.

Posted: 9 Jun 2014 5:27AM GMT
John & Mahala Maxwell are my great great grandparents & I would be very interested in any information relating to them. I started out years ago trying to find out where my indian heritage is from & really got hooked on geneology, but I've had several years off & am just getting started again.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic