Search for content in message boards

Help please -looking Luedke from Mecklenburg

Help please -looking Luedke from Mecklenburg

Posted: 9 May 2009 3:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
I am serching for dates of Johann David Heinrich Luedke called
Heinrich born 01. Dec 1831 in Mecklenburg-Germany. His wife
Hanna or Johanna nee Boldt born 28.Apr 1830in Mecklenburg, their son Heinrich born 24.Febr 1858 in Mecklenburg. they all
arrived Port CastleGarden/ NY on 21.Dec 1863. After their immigration I lost every way of them.
I need help please because of their difficult surname and writing.
Best reagrds
Doris from Germany

Re: Help please -looking Luedke from Mecklenburg

Posted: 11 May 2009 11:54AM GMT
In the 1870 census in Comal county Texas, there is Heinrich Luedeke 36, wife Elisabeth 39, children Anna 10, Herman 6, Albert 2. It notes that all came from Brunswick. I was not familiar with this name as a country of origin, so had to look it up. It seems that Brunswick is a version of Braunschweig, which is in northern Germany, the same as Mecklenburg. Perhaps the census taker made a mistake on the children's place of birth. I'm not sure if this is enough information to be of help in your search, or if it is even the same people you seek.

Posted: 11 May 2009 12:19PM GMT
In the 1880 census in Brazoria county Texas (not very far from Comal county):
Henry Ludicke 53 from Hanover
wife Dorah 43 Hanover
daughter Zeddie 21 born TX
Henry 17 TX
Johanna 14 TX
Albert 11 TX
John 9 TX
Addie 5 TX
Dorah 3 TX

It is hard to say if this is the same family from the 1870 census, but some of the details match. It could be that Henry remarried, and the addition of Johanna is from his new wife.

Posted: 11 May 2009 1:17PM GMT
In researching a little further, the family in the 1880 census in Brazoria county Texas, is not the same one found in 1870 in Comal county Texas. It is just a coincidence, as that family is also on the 1870 census in Brazoria county. However, I can't seem to trace the family from Comal county after the 1870 census.

Posted: 11 May 2009 3:39PM GMT
Hi,
thank you for your help. I think it is not the family of Johann Heinrich David from Mecklenburg village Kittendorf. this family you find out is from county Lower Saxony (Niedersachsen)in the North of Germany. It is quit difficult and I am searching for a long time. I miss also the chlld Henry born 1858 in Texas in 1870census.
Thanks again
Best regards from
Doris

Posted: 13 May 2009 2:31AM GMT
The one thing I'm pretty sure of is that Heinrich the son (born in 1858) has become Henry Ruper in the 1880 census. He's 22 years old, single and working as a farm laborer. He's living in the town of Otto in Cattaraugus County in Upstate New York. He's living with the Miller family, also from Mecklenburg. I assume their name was something like Muller before it got changed, too. It's probably the Miller farm where Henry Ruper works.

Posted: 13 May 2009 6:40AM GMT
Hi,
thanks for your answer. But what are the names of his parents
or do you know this birthdates? I find out just a Henry and Johannah Litke in Chicago IIllinois in 1880, both 50 years but no real birthdates. On child is born 1864 in WI and two in Il.In Wisconsin settled a lot of people who left his birthtown in Mecklenburg.Then settled to Chicago. There is also a Henry Lutke born 1858 living a a seaman. Where I find them. I think the dates are good? What do you think about?
Best regards Doris

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 4:54AM GMT
I have Luedtke/ludtkes that settled in marathon County in Wisconsin. I am not sure if they might be of some relation. Carl Luedtke also I have seen that Chalres was somewhere in his name too. He came to the USA with his wife Minnie, and a couple of his children. The only one that I can remember off the top of my head is Julius August Albert Ludke/Luedtke.They were from Seligsdorf, Germany/Pommern/Pommerania/Prussia.

Posted: 14 Jul 2012 11:58PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2012 4:52PM GMT
What's the documentation/source for the changed name (to Ruper)? i.e. How do you know this?

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 7:34PM GMT
Wilhelmine Ludke/Luedtke
Date of Birth: June 3, 1853
Place of Birth: Dusterbetz, Naugard Pommern( close to the capital of the city of Stettin/Szczecin: Poland)
Date of Death: October 31, 1925 from Chronic Myocarditis
Place of Death: Wausau Hospital, Wausau, Marathon County, Wisconsin
Burial: St. John’s Lutheran Church Cemetery, Town of Wein, Marathon County, Wisconsin
Married on: December 2, 1876
Place of Marriage:
Spouse: Johann Heinrich Amelung (Henery)
Date of Birth: March 23, 1855
Place of Birth: Albertshausen, Wildungen, Waldeck, Germany
Date of Death: 6am on March 9, 1932 from Uremia
Place of Death:

They Lived in:
Children: 13
1. Male: (stillborn) 1877
2. August: (died soon after birth) 1878
3. Edmund: 1879
4. Emil: 1881
5. Henry: 1883
6. John: 1885
7. Marie: 1887
8. Reinhardt: 1889
9. Alvina: 1891
10. Gustave: 1893
11. Arthur: 1896
12. Helmina: 1897 (died at age 4)
13. Albert: 1899

***Johann married Caroline Radek of Oakland California in 1929 in Waukegan, Illinois.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic