Search for content in message boards

Thomas Neal 1735 Ireland

Thomas Neal 1735 Ireland

Pat Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2005 5:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Mar 2005 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: NEAL, SPURLIN, HARRELL
I'm looking for info on Thomas Neal b.1735 Ireland, married a Harrell woman from SC. Also, John Garrett Neal b.1801 Ga.married Malissa Spurlin. Any info is appreciated. My Neals are from all over the south NC,SC,Miss.Ala.and Texas.
John Allen Neal
Allen Brooks Neal
John Brooks Neal
Thanks.

Re: Thomas Neal 1735 Ireland

Pat Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2005 5:57AM GMT
Edited: 6 Mar 2005 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: NEAL
You can email me at patanderson3@sbcglobal.net if you have any info.

Posted: 7 May 2009 3:35AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Neal
my Neals start with Thomas Neal,John Neal,John Garrett Neal,John Glen Neal,John Bennett Marion Elkanah Neal,James Elijah Neal,Earnest Lee Neal,(Me)Christine Neal.I have a lot of information on there children and some of there grandchildren. kristmas371

Posted: 5 Dec 2010 2:54AM GMT
We are cousins! John Glen Neal was my GG grandfather but I come from his son Sylvanous Franklin, then Alvie Neal, my mother Mary Earline Neal Knight, and then me....Stacey Knight McMullen. The civil war vet, John Glen, died 146 years ago on Dec. 1st so wish I knew what he was like...do you have any info on their lives? My mother said when Glen was killed, his wife kept their family farm in Miss. and worked the children "to death" to keep the farm...your Bennett was the oldest so I am sure he carried a huge load of that work. Sylvanous lived with my mother for 5 years and he was very stern!

Posted: 5 Dec 2010 9:51PM GMT
Hi cousin,its always good to hear from family.No I don't know anything about the family.I remember my granfather talking about coming across the Mississippi river when he was about 10 years old and how scared he was.I knew my granfathers half sister May Neal Johnson She lived in Memphis Tn..But I was only around her one time when I lived in Memphis,Tn.I was working at a record Co. and I went to see her one afternoon.She gave me a peace of paper to give to my Dad.With births and deaths and names on it .Sent me your e-mail & I'll sent you a copy. My e-mail is kristmas37@yahoo.com

Posted: 26 Jun 2011 6:41AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
John Glenn Neal was the older brother to my GGG Sylvanous Halbrook Neal. I have copies of the books "Neal Per Stripes" Vol. I & II written by Staton David Neal Jr., but they only got back as far as Thomas Neal. There are no dates and, unfortunately, the author could not connect Thomas Neal to Ireland. How does Thomas Neal connect back Ireland? Where in Ireland? Is there any family further back than Thomas?

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 5:56PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2012 5:59PM GMT
I see your post and it is old, but I am researching the Thomas Melvin Neal b.1849 line that lived in Mississippi, Father was born in Alabama, name unknown.
Thomas married Safrona Brister in Attala County, MS abt 1875 and she died due to burns in 1880, Remarried a Rebecca hodge(s) abt 1883 place unknown. I have not been able to connect to a Neal line, Do you have any information that would connect them. COntact me at dollimalone@yahoo.com

Posted: 24 May 2012 1:24PM GMT
I too am a cousin of this line. If you still have that list of dates your Aunt gave you I would love a copy to add dates to my famly tree. My line would be Thomas wife Sarah Harrell, his son Joel wife Mary Ann McCormick, his son Ira wife Frances Wynne, his son Thomas W.Wynne Neal wife Martha J.A.N.Wilson Avera, thier son James Madison Neal, my father Leslie Benjamin Neal to me Leslie Lynne Neal Lett, with a whole bunch in between us :).
If I can help you with dates or names in any way just ask, I am always wiling to share what I have.
Thanks
Lynne Neal Lett

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 8:34PM GMT
Leslie,
Received your email and responded but it bounced back because the email address is restricted by you. The email address Kingsley@nortexinfo.net is different than the shortened verson which we use daily. The address to use is kingsley@ntin.net The ntin is the shortened version of nortexinfo.net.
Thanks for the email and contact about the THOMAS NEAL lineage. Thomas NEAL is my 6th g-grandfather. My connection is on my paternal side, my gg-grandfather Sterling Gardner, Sr that married Mary “Polly” Neal.

My aunt, Hazel Evalyn “Sally” Kingsley/Rucidlo did extensive research on the family prior to her death. After her death, no-one in the family wanted to work on genealogy and family tree so all of the documentation, reports, etc that Aunt Sally had constructed were donated to the Genealogy Library at the Fort Worth Baptist Seminary and that’s where I started. That’s been over 20 years ago and I’ve exchanged information and gathered information by contact with many people through the years in adding and updating the family tree. My documentation has been limited more to the more recent generations and I do not have much on the generations that go back as far as Thomas Neal.

By the way, Mr. Kingsley was my dad. I was a high school band director for 40 years and the students...even now when I see them call me Mr. Kingsley....but you are a distant cousin (5th cousin, twice removed) and my name is LARRY, not Mr. Kingsley.
I appreciate you taking the time to send an email inquiring about my related status to THOMAS NEAL. I will update my information with any related information that you choose to share with me. My mainlines are those that interest me the most and obviously we are tied in on the same mainlines. I did not have any info about your father’s first wife and realize that the children listed on your grandfather may not have been complete. Hopefully the info I have is accurate.... just not complete.

Larry D Kingsley
http://www.TheKingsMeadow.net (our family website)

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 1:07PM GMT
Larry,
Did I ever send you updated information? There are times I get a chance to actually sit down and do research and then its months before I get to sit down again. Please anything you need to fill in on my line I will gladly share. I did get a chance to go to McDuffie County Georga several years ago, found a Neal Cemetery way back off a little road, and found some decent information. Their library there is a small house converted with not a lot of room. Their Genealogy department is about the size of a walk in closet :) but they are trying!
Let me know if I can help in anyway.
Take care
Lynne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions