Search for content in message boards

Welch's: California, Missouri, Kentucky

Welch's: California, Missouri, Kentucky

Posted: 27 May 2001 6:38PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2001 1:42AM GMT
David Alexander Welch, married Malinda Wilson, must have been in the early 1800's. David Alexander and Malinda bore a son, Hamilton(Ham)Ham Welch. Sarah Ann Letisha'Tisha'Crisp. Together they had a least 11 children:
James D. Welch
Levi patterson Welch
Joel Welch
pleasgrove green Welch
Lauranet Monroe Welch
Issac Abraham Welch
Samuel Thaddeus Welch
Mattie Francis Welch
Margaret Cora Welch

Welches in California

Posted: 30 May 2001 8:45AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 3:46PM GMT
Michele: Did any of the sons settle
in Southern CA?

Thanks!
Laurie

California Welch's(Laurie)

Posted: 30 May 2001 1:14PM GMT
Yes Laurie, I believe the brothers had went to California, each at one time or another. This I know, because my father and uncle have talked about visisting their uncle there. This is what I know: My grandpa was Loyd A. Welch, he married my grandmother in Richmond, Calif. November 27, 1936. He had, from what I have gathered, brothers and one sister, the sister had drowned when she was 18. The brothers I have been able to identify, George, Arthur,and James. His fathers name was George David Welch, he went by Dave. Loyd and Reatha had 4 son's, the two eldest were born in Richmond, Calif. as well. Wayne, in Sept. of 37, and David, in August of 38. The other two son's were born in Missouri, George in Oct. of 44, and Cecil in October of 51. Please let me know if this was useful, and if you have the identity of the two brothers I can't name, that information would be wonderful!
Posted: 30 May 2001 1:53PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 3:46PM GMT
Do you know if any of the brothers migrated
to Southern CA? Richmond is in Northern CA.
The siblings of this family would be in the
right age group. I am looking for my
mother's family who, from what I was told,
lived in the San Bernardino Valley. There
could, very well be, a connection here. Your
message led me to believe there may be two
unaccounted for brothers, is that correct?
Another question. Do you know what line of
work the family may have been in? My
Grandfather (possibly one of these brothers)
was a building contractor...typically these
types of trades run in the family. Just
another piece of my often frustrating but
intriguing puzzle. Thanks for the info
Michele!

Re: Welch's: California, Missouri, Kentucky

Posted: 2 Aug 2001 4:56PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2006 7:37PM GMT
I have the following Welch's:
Thomas, born 1814 in KY; married
Sarah ??, born 1821 in IN; children are:
Jefferson, born 1849 in IL
Ellen, born 1852 in IL
William, born 1854 in IL
Lucinda, born 1857 in IL; married George Hunt in ?? (my gg-grandparents).
This comes from the Calhoun County, IL 1870 census and they are also listed in the 1860 census, but they are not found in the 1880 census.
Lori Hunt Zierden

Posted: 4 Aug 2001 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Welch
Thankyou for the info! I haven't made an Illinois connection, however, can you tell me from what county in Kentucky your information points to? I'm looking for Welch's from Todd Co., Kentucky.

Posted: 4 Aug 2001 5:09PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2006 7:37PM GMT
You know, I haven't began a search on the Welch's into KY yet as I was trying to put all of this information into order, but let me make a few phone calls on Monday and do some looking and I will get back to you. Lori

Re: California Welch's(Laurie)

Posted: 31 Oct 2001 12:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Dec 2002 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: Welch, Watson, Ortiz, Cano
I was just reading the messages and noticed your welch names is from Richmond Ca. I am also a Welch from Richmond Ca. My father side of the family is from Tenn but lived in Richmond for many years. I did not reconigize any names you mentioned but then again I dont' know much family names on this side yet.

Michele (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Welch, Boyd, Green
Laurie,
I have some pic's of some family in Richmond, that I've been unable to identify. I recognize my grandfather (loyd Welch) but not the gentlemen with him. I would guess these pictures are from as far back as the early 40's, late 30's. I also have reason to believe some of my grandmother's family (Green or Boyd) also settled in the Richmond area. I do not have a scanner, but will get these pictures on disc, as I would love for you to take a look at them. Please feel free to e-mail me at: luvndlife@hotmail.com
Thanks
Michele

Posted: 31 Oct 2001 4:46PM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2003 11:57PM GMT
Laura: I was looking for Welches in Southern CA. I think what you read was from Michelle responding to my query. It may be that you and Michelle have a connection. It turns out that my Welches are not hers. Sorry but good luck in your search!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions