Search for content in message boards

Juett, Kennett, Denison, Townsend, Wessel, Johnston

Juett, Kennett, Denison, Townsend, Wessel, Johnston

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 5:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for descendents of the Juett family that settled around Kinsella. They emigrated from England in 1907 (from findmypast.com) & show up on the Alberta Homestead site. The 1911 census lists George William Juett with his wife Susannah, 3 daughters, Elizabeth, Florence & Mable & 2 sons, George William, & Frances in Township 47. Nearby is another daughter Susannah who is married to Albert Kennett. They have a daughter, Queenie. In Township 45, another daughter Jessie is listed with her husband Frank Denison & their daughter Rose. The family is well documented on the familysearch.org site – Elizabeth went on to marry Charles Townsend & the son George married Annie Wessel. George was also in WW1 (papers are found on the Canadian archives site). One of the remaining daughters married William Johnston. The father died in 1918 in is buried in the Logan cemetery in Tofield.

Thanks, John

Re: Juett, Kennett, Denison, Townsend, Wessel, Johnston

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: DENISON,JOHNSTON,JUETT,KENNETT,TOWNSEND,WESSEL
Hi John Have you searched Online White Pages Directory 411.ca
for any of the surnames? they may be family connected.
Just searched JUETT - there are 2 JUETT in Calgary Alberta -
Nationwide: There are 5 JUETT including Calgary.

Family may have submitted stories/history to the Local Family History book project.
Check: Alberta GenWeb Local History Book site.
There is an index of names - and the titles of books where the names appear.
May be Volunteers who will offer Lookups -
Search: online: OUR ROOTS
Search:Online: Alberta Heritage Digitalization Project.
Provincial Archive in Edmonton may hold some of the local history books.
Cheers, Stella

Posted: 7 May 2009 12:53AM GMT
The Master Surname Index (not online) (mostly burials in Alberta cemeteries) of the Alberta Genealogical Society lists these possible names;

George W. JUETT, 1865 - 15 Dec 1915
Sus-Hannah JUETT, 1872 - 1956
Susannah JUETT, - 6 Sep 1956 age 83yrs
Albert John KENNETT, - May 1959 age 73yrs
Susannah KENNETT, 1891 - 5 Jun 1984
all buried in the Viking Town & RC cemetery.

For further research please contact the AGS Research Services Committee of the Edmonton Branch,
http://abgensoc.ca/

Peter

Posted: 5 Dec 2009 9:27PM GMT
Greetings John, I just saw your posting; I grew up about 1 mile from Queenie Kennett and her husband Jack Smith. I'm not sure what information I have to give you,but I am very familiar with the names Juett and Kennett. I had done some research on the names for a descendant of the Greenwoods you mentioned, but that was awhile ago, and you probably have all the research done for England anyway. Anyway, get in touch if there is something you think I may be able to help you with.......Bonnie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions