Search for content in message boards

Brown Co. families migrating from Belmont or Monroe Counties in Ohio

Brown Co. families migrating from Belmont or Monroe Counties in Ohio

Tim Bode (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TAYLOR, SPRAGUE, BROCK, MOBLEY, CALVERT, TRUAX
If your ancestors migrated from Monroe or Belmont Counties in Ohio, about 1850-60, I would like to correspond with you to see if there may be a connection with the following families. Benjamin and Mary E. (MOBLEY) TAYLOR, Thomas and Sarah(TRUAX) BROCK.

Ancestors from Belmont Co., Ohio

Posted: 18 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2002 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: Carter
Hi. I have an ancestor, Ephraim Carter, who migrated from Belmont Co., Ohio in the early 1850's. He brought his family to Brown County, Indiana. He is buried in Lanam Ridge cemetery on Lanam Ridge Road. Do you have any information on this gentleman?

Thanks,
Martin Meadows
Indianapolis, IN.

Belmont Co., OH Families

Christine Llewellyn West (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BARKES, STUCKEY
I have info on the family of George & Deiliah (Stuckey) Barkes who moved from Belmont co., Ohio to Brown co., IN during the Civil War. I'll gladly share what I have. Even have an account of their journey.

Morrisons - Ohio to Indiana

Cathy Lingenfelser (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Morrison, Anders
George William Morrison was born in Belmont County, Ohio, and is the son of William and Sarah Anders Morrison. He married Elizabeth Ayers in Brown County, Indiana. They eventually settled in White County, Arkansas. William Morrison (the father) had a sister, Dorcas Nellie who married Stillwell Truex (sic). They moved to Indiana and eventually settled in Savannah, Missouri.

If more information is requested, please feel free to write.

Cathy Lingenfelser
lingen@bellsouth.net

Belmont Co., OH ancestors

Lisa Alexander (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Clark
Benjamin Clark and Phebe Williams moved from Belmont Co., OH to Brown Co., IN in 1849. 5 of their children moved with them, I assume the older 4 brought their families or stayed in OH.

Cynthia Clark married Sy Collins
Morris Clark married Annie Curry
Kinsey Clark married Armilda Raper

Clark/Williams

Posted: 6 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 8:17PM GMT
Surnames: Clark, Williams, Curry
I am researching the Clark/Williams line. I have Phebe Williams was born 1 Jan 1800, but I don't know where. I have Benjamin Clark was born 17 March 1797 in Pensylvania and his father was Abraham Clark. I don't have any other information on these people. I would be interested in any other infomration you might have.

tengel@sourceharvest.com
Posted: 10 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:11AM GMT
Surnames: Morrison, Anders, Truex, Ayers, Ayres
. My George William Morrison who moved to Brown County IN from Monroe and Belmont Counties in Ohio . . . . was actually George Washington Morrison, not George William.

. I am truly sorry for this error.

. Please notice my new e-mail address.

. Thank you.

. Cathy Lingenfelser
. cathylingen@yahoo.com

Belmont Co., Oh. to Brown Co., In.

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2002 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: Neal
Christine, If you're still out there, I just noticed your offer to share the account of a journey from Belmont Co., Oh. to Brown Co., Indiana. I'd be interested to read that account if it's not too much trouble. Thanks very much.
Marty Meadows (mmeadows@indy.net).

Re: Clark/Williams

Jacqui Clark Carpenter (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2004 1:16AM GMT
I am curious if your Abraham and Benjamin are my ancestors. The date you have for Abraham is close but mine was born in Fayette County PN on November 9, 1818, his son is Benjamin T. Clark born September 1861 in Brown County Indiana. I would be curious about any other names you have in your file as they may well be connected to my line. Let me know if you think this may be your family, I have a ton of information on them.

Re: Belmont Co., OH ancestors

Posted: 19 Oct 2004 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: Hiram morris
My family also moved at the same time from Belmont to Brown. Could they have traveled together. Found them in the 1860 census. My family moved on to Platte County MO. Could this help you?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic