Search for content in message boards

Peter & Christina Paulsen Yergensen/Jergensen of Logan, Cache Valley

Peter & Christina Paulsen Yergensen/Jergensen of Logan, Cache Valley

Posted: 21 May 2002 6:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Sep 2004 5:20AM GMT
Surnames: Jergensen, Yergensen, Paulsen
My GGrandfather, Peter Yergensen/Jergensen (b Hals, Alborg, Denmark 1815-1884) married (Dec 6, 1862) Christina Paulsen (b Copenhagen, Denmark, 1835-1913). They had 13 children: Michael; Ephraim; Alma; Nephi; Beatro; Walterman; Rosa; Emma (my grandmother, who married Isaac Roberts); Abraham; Isaac; Jacob; Phillip & William. They both died in Emmet, Gem Co., Idaho. I would like to correspond with anyone related to this family.

Re: Peter & Christina Paulsen Yergensen/Jergensen of Logan, Cache Valley

Posted: 16 Jan 2007 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: Jorgensen, Michelsen
Hello:

We are trying to contact the descendants of a Jorgensen family from Hals, Alborg, Denmark. Apparently some members of this family did come to Utah (possibly Sanpete county). We have a census from 1916 of Hals, Alborg, Denmark, showing Jorgen M.L. Jorgensen, b. 4-10-1843, and Kirstine Michelsen, b. 28-10-1884 (the widow of Mikael Ferdinand Michelsen/Mikkelsen) and her three children:
Ester, b.10-1-1907; Agnethe, b. 29-1-1908; and Thyge, b. 24-9-1911. Kirstine's maiden name was probably Jorgensen.

Posted: 16 Jan 2007 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: Jorgensen, Michelsen, Mikkelsen
I forgot to post a link to our Web page:

http://kennedy.cartama.net/michelsen_jorgensen.htm

Thanks,

Cindy Kennedy
Charles Brussells

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 2:53AM GMT
I am not related, but do have her in my tree as Christina Poulsen. She's in my tree because her son, Ephraim, married into my Kidman family.

After Peter died, she moved to Idaho. She and her children used the Yergenson spelling in Idaho.

Today I found her obituary from 1913, and thought you might like to see it. Her obituary says she was born in Orehouse, Denmark - googling Orehouse Denmark shows only one other reference, but nothing about its location in the 1800s/early 1900s.

Here is her page in my tree (which is temporarily a public tree):
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/5806682/person/-484205863

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 2:59AM GMT
Hi, I am also a decendent of Peter & Christina Paulsen. Ephraim Yergensen was my Great Grandfather. Christina and her family left Utah after Peter died and went to Idaho. My Grandmother was Hazel Yergensen. Eprhaim married Florence Louise Kidman and had several children. I have not found much on Christina. But I was told that she went to Utah and traveled across the plains. Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic