Search for content in message boards

Leahy-Rising Sun, St. James Cem.

Leahy-Rising Sun, St. James Cem.

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LEAHY
Trying to find the location of a Rising Sun - St. James Cemetery in Crawford Co.

Also seeking desendants of Cornelius LEAHY buried in that cemetery.
Thanks!
Sheila

Rising Sun

Posted: 5 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2005 10:12PM GMT
The Cemetery is located on Highway 27 three miles south of Liberty Pole & 8 miles North of Mt.Sterling.There is a long list of the name"Leahy" buried there. I have a list,email me.

Leahy

Richard Johnston (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT

Crawford County, Rising Sun Wi. St James Catholic Church

I am a great nephew of Cornelius Leahy. I have visited him
in his home in Monrovia, Ca. in 1963. My Grandmother was Blanche Leahy Johnston, a sister. His mother lived to be 105 and died in Viroqua. I do have a family history of the Johnston-Leahy and will search this for you.

Richard Johnston sends

Burial site of Truman Haris Wilder 1860-1870

Donald R. Davis, M. D. (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WILDER
Rising Sun, Crawford County, Wisconsin. Looking for the date of death (1860-1870)and burial site of TRUMAN HARIS WILDER, founder of Rising Sun.

Truman Wilder

Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2001 7:34PM GMT
Surnames: Wilder
I would be interested in more information about Truman Haris Wilder, and/or any Wilders of Crawford County. I am looking for George G. Wilder born about 1853 in Crawford Co. but have no further information on him. Could Truman or any others be connected? thanks, sue

Re: Rising Sun

Posted: 16 Jun 2002 8:38PM GMT
Do you know if the original church is standing? An obit of my GGGfather's brother-in-law indicates that he built the Catholic Church in Rising Sun. If it is still standing, I would like to visit and photograph it.

Jody

Re: Rising Sun

Posted: 24 Jun 2002 8:08PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2003 12:16AM GMT
The church still stands. I was by it last summer and visited the cemetary. the message from Richard Johnston (my brother) indicates the Johnston-Leahey History.

This family history also includes the history of the church and parish.

Re: Truman Wilder

Jerry Connelly (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2003 5:18AM GMT
I was born near Rising Sun and am trying to gather bits of information on it's origin. Do you have any information on the Truman Wilder family which might be of interest to me? Most of the information I have gathered thus far concerns the St. James Church and it's parishoners. I have been to the Retreat Cemetery as my ggggrandfather and mother were buried there. Also, let me know if there is anything you need to know about Rising Sun or the information I might have about the Wilders.

Your help is appreciated.
Jerry

Re: Leahy-Rising Sun, St. James Cem.

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Leahy
Cornelius Leahy was (I believe) my great grandfather...if you are still looking for information I will be able to help you with some of it. Just let me know. I realize your message is fairly dated but just the same...

Re: Leahy-Rising Sun, St. James Cem.

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 7:39PM GMT
Thanks so much. The Cornelious Leahy I'm looking for mysteriously disappeared from the Tiffin, OH area in the mid-late 1800's. I have no info on him whatsoever and was tkaing a chance he landed up in wisconsin. I'm not sure but I don't think that Cornelious is a real popular first name in Irish. (maybe it is?)
Anyhow, if you have an info on this Leahy that connects him at all to Ohio, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks a lot!
Sheila
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions