Search for content in message boards

Melville Reeves Chicago skyscraper burglar married in Woodstock WI 6 June 1912

Melville Reeves Chicago skyscraper burglar married in Woodstock WI 6 June 1912

Robert Reeves (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2005 2:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2009 4:26PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson
The Chicago Tribune covered the career in crime of Melville Reeves (my 1C1xR, b Jan 1886 in IL) from about 1910 to about 1933 when he failed to turn up for a court appearance and disappeared. He was known as the Skyscraper Buglar and although he apparently was convicted more than once, he seems never to have served time.
One article says he traveled to Woodstock and was married there on June 6, 1912. I don't have the bride's name -- she was usually referred to as Mrs Reeves in the articles.
I hope for an article from whatever the local paper is (was) that would give me more information. Can someone tell me the name of the newspaper that might carry that article, or the library where I might contact a genealogy department, or even just look it up?

Re: Melville Reeves Chicago skyscraper burglar married in Woodstock WI 6 June 1912

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 5:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
The Richland Observer in Richland Center or the Brewer Library History Room - might be a good place to start
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions