Search for content in message boards

Metcalf Family in southern Illinois

Metcalf Family in southern Illinois

Sharon Lea (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 7:57AM GMT
Looking for information on Metcalf (Medcalf) family in and around Pope county Illinois. Are of Cherokee blood.

metcalfs ill. pope co.

Posted: 28 Jul 2000 8:29AM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2002 3:17AM GMT
my gggg-grandfather was William metcalf, married to heater (Esther) brazelton. my ggg-grandfather was Thomas metcalf, married to Annie Fleming, (also Polly downing later) my gg-grandfather was Spencer metcalf, married to Mary Wilson. my g-grandfather was David metcalf married to Rhoda Ann crouch. my grandfather was Henry ether metcalf, married to Isabell (bell) Garrett.

Metcalf lineage

Larry Harvey (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 8:54AM GMT
Hi Thomas, Just saw your posting on Metcalfs in Pope. This is my wifeÂ’s paternal lineage from her GGGM Malinda Barbara Metcalf FIELD in Pulaski Co., IL. Think you might see some overlaps. We have JPG of Malinda and her children circa 1902. Regards, Larry

GGGGGGGGF John METCALF Sr. b. 1680 d. 1728 married to GGGGGGGGM Lydia CRUTCHLEY d. 1740/1747
Among their children was John METCALF Jr
---------------------------------------
GGGGGGGF John METCALF Jr. b. 1710 d. 1757 married 6 Aug 1735, St. James Parish, Ann Arundel Co.,MD to GGGGGGGM Mary NORRIS b. 16 Feb 1718/1719, St. James Parish, Ann Arundel Co., MD, d. 1746, Maryland, daughter of John Norris Sr b.1663 d.1710 and Mary Newman.
Their children were: Mary METCALF; Thomas METCALF; John METCALF; William METCALF; and James METCALF
GGGGGGF William METCALF b. 6 Jan 1745, Baltimore, Baltimore, MD d. about Nov 1826, Dawson Springs, Hopkins, KY married abt 1766, Frederick Co., MD to GGGGGGM Esther BRASELTON b. 24 Jul 1748, Frederick Co., MD d. 12 Feb 1830, Dawson Springs, Hopkins, KY.
Their children were: John METCALFE; Thomas METCALFE; James METCALFE; William METCALF; Mary METCALF; Isaac METCALF; Elizabeth METCALF; Grace METCALF; Norris METCALF; Jacob Braselton METCALF.
GGGGGF Thomas METCALF b. 24 May 1769, NC, d. 1836 buried Hopkins Co., KY married 7 Dec 1791, Jefferson Co. KY to GGGGGM Ann "Anna Or Annie" FLEMING b.about 1785, KY d. before 1834.
Their children were: Hester METCALF; Enoch METCALF; William F. METCALF; Esther "Hatty" "Hester" "Kitty" METCALF; James METCALF; John J. METCALF; Spencer G. METCALF; Thomas Fleming METCALF; Amanda G. METCALF; Fleming METCALF.
GGGGF Thomas Fleming METCALF b. 8 Dec 1809, KY, d. 10 Oct 1864 married 12 Feb 1833 to GGGGM Jane Ann GRAHAM b. 3 Jan 1816, KY, d. 8 Jul 1882.
Their children were: James Andrew METCALF; Jane Ann METCALF; Charles Henry METCALF; Enoch Fleming METCALF; Malinda Barbara METCALF;
Mary Isabella METCALF; John Henry METCALF; William C. METCALF; Robert Elliot METCALF; Martha Amanda METCALF; Malissa METCALF
GGGF Ezekial FIELD b. 19 Feb 1840, Davis Co., KY d. 3 Mar 1889, Pulaski Co., IL buried Grand Chain, IL. Masonic Cemetery married 19 Feb 1860 to GGGM Malinda Barbara METCALF b. 5 Feb 1841, Calloway Co., KY d. 9 Feb 1926, Pulaski Co.,IL buried Grand Chain, IL. Masonic Cemetery. He was a Farmer in New Grand Chain, IL and she was a housewife.
Their children were: Curtis C Field; Stanton Eugene FIELD; Charles FIELD; Emma FIELD; Lillian FIELD; Cpt Ishmael Worth “Ish” FIELD; Edgar FIELD; Indiana “India” FIELD; Oscar Chalmer “Ott” FIELD.
GGF Curtis FIELD b.19 Oct 1862, d.18 Apr 1918, buried 21 Apr 1918, Grand Chain, IL. Masonic Cemetery married GGM Martha BARKSDALE b. 1868, d. 1947 buried Grand Chain, IL. Masonic Cemetery.

Metcalf Lineage

Junior Metcalf (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 9:39AM GMT
Larry, do you have any information on the descendants of David Jackson Metcalf and Doras Daugherty. David Jackson was the son of John Metcalf and Prudence Clark and grandson of William Metcalf and Esther Braselton. I am especially trying to trace the line of Thomas J. Metcalf who was a son of David Jackson and Dorcas. Thanks for your help.
Junior Metcalf

Thomas J Metcalf

Larry Harvey (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 7:16PM GMT
Sorry Junior, I just put the LDS site through a workout and all it will produce is the 9 children of David Dorcas Daughtery Metcalf. Looked at John Prudence Clark line also and could not find anything beyond the Madison Co KY births. Do not know if they followed any of their cousins west to IL. Good hunting and best of luck, Larry

Metcalf in Maryland

Gordon Leary (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 6:24AM GMT
Your recent post looks very promising for my Metcalf lineage. Do you have any more data on any Maryland Metcalf's. I am just starting my family history, and this looks promising. I am Related to Mable Metcalf b. May 11, 1905. Her father was Boyd Metcalf. I know of other decendants of Boyd but I am still piecing this together.
gleary@dpsolutions.com

prudence clark

Posted: 18 Aug 2000 7:10AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:19PM GMT
I am pretty sure that I can trace my gggrandmother Prudence Clark Metcalf from Prudence Clark married to John Metcalf. If you would like to know further details please email me.

prudence (clark) metcalf

thomas s. metcalf (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2000 9:03AM GMT
sally, info i have is john born 7 june 1767,married prudence clark. don't have their descents. my ggg-grandfather was william, married to hester-thomas married to annie fleming-spencer g. married to mary wilson-david mitchell married to rhoda ann crouch- henry ether married to isabell garrett-troy metcalf married to maggie josephine hosea..._"thomas s metcalf"

prudence clark metcalf

Posted: 19 Aug 2000 11:33AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:19PM GMT
Thanks for your info. Any help is appreciated. Sally

Illinois Metcalf's/Cherokee

Terri (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2000 10:44AM GMT
My great great Grandfather was Baalam Metcalf who settled in Bond Co, Ill around 1829. I am interested in my native american heritage (Cherokee, from what I understand) any info you have will be appreciated. Do you know where Cherokee Metcalf's came from?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic