Search for content in message boards

Womble Families of Polk Co TN

Womble Families of Polk Co TN

Posted: 10 May 2002 3:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jun 2002 4:07AM GMT
I am still researching the descendants of William Womble b. 1800/01 m. Elizabeth - children: George, Perry, Elizabeth, Mary, Amanda & unk son - I have a lot of info but still need the parents of William - for those of you who have contacted me before please note my new email - thanks

Re: Womble Families of Polk Co TN

Posted: 3 Jul 2003 8:04PM GMT
WOMBLE REUNION
DO YOU PLAN ON VISITING ?
JULY 5,2003 CAMBELL COUNTY TN, ?
JIM THOMPSON

Posted: 3 Jul 2003 9:04PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2004 2:02PM GMT
I would love to be able to go but I can't make it this year but I plan to be there next year. Are you going? I went to the one in 2001 and had a great time - I'm miss everyone I met!

Posted: 3 Jul 2003 9:10PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2004 2:02PM GMT
Jim - I just noticed the email was from you - how are you? Do you still live in Maryville? Email me at c.billman@comcast.net

Posted: 4 Jul 2003 5:43PM GMT
YES
NADINE AND I MET YOU AT 2001 REUNION IN JELLICO.
I HAVE`NT TRACED DOWN OUR LINEAGE YET BUT THINK IT TO BE AROUND 4/5 COUSINS ?
MY E-MAIL AT HOME IS NEHIJT@AOL.COM

JIM THOMPSON (PERRY WOMBLE)

Posted: 16 Jul 2003 4:33PM GMT
Surnames: Womble/Young/Taylor
I am desperately seeking info on Martha Womble Young Taylor b.1868 Polk Co TN, parents Perry and Martha White Womble. Martha's first husband was Taylor Young of Polk Co and second husband was Virgil Taylor. My mother believes Taylor Young was her father but with another woman other than Martha Womble. Looking for ANY and ALL information no matter how trivial it may seem. Mom was raised at Bachman Memorial Orphanage Home in Farner, TN during the 1920's and 30's and has never been able to find her true parents. Anyone that has any info, please reply.

Posted: 16 Jul 2003 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Womble/Young/Taylor
Do you have any info on Martha Womble b. 1868 to Perry and Martha White Womble?

Posted: 16 Jul 2003 5:29PM GMT
i`m sure i would have some information at home.
my e-mail is nehijt@aol.com

Posted: 2 Dec 2009 7:22PM GMT
i am not related to these peope that i know of i was researching and saw your message and thought i would help

in 1910 Martha is shown on the census as Taylor Young's wife. They are 40 years old. no children are in the house. they are in district 9 which i believe to be Reliance.

They are both buried in Brock Cemetary in Farner, TN
*Martha Womble Young b. Aug. 15, 1868 d. unknown(notes say; d/o Perry & Martha White Womble - w/o 1) Taylor Young 2) Virgil Taylor - buried next to Taylor Young)
*Taylor Young b. Mar. 7, 1866 d. Aug. 26, 1944(notes say; 1st husband of Martha - no children
s/o Abe & Sallie Young)

Virgil Taylor is also buried in this cemetary
b.Dec. 18, 1871 d. Sep. 16, 1954, (notes say; 2nd husband of Martha Womble Young Taylor)
Virgil is buried next to his first wife Tellie (Stella) who died in 1933. Their youngest child was 16 at the time her name was Lula.

these dates make it hard to seem they can be your mothers parents. if i knew when your mother was born i maybe could have looked at the census and seen where the parties were around then. maybe it is another martha?

Posted: 3 Dec 2009 12:01AM GMT
Martha was my great aunt on my father's side and she indeed was married first to Taylor Young and then to Virgil Taylor - Martha did not have children by either Taylor or Virgil - Lula was Virgil's daughter from his first wife Tellie. Martha died when I was very young and my dad & his siblings are all deceased so I do not have the exact date Martha died. I have been told that Virgil died before she did. Martha was in her 70's when she married Virgil, which created quite a stir in the family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions