Search for content in message boards

Kilpatrick-Owens Indenture 1888 - Bienville Parish, LA

Kilpatrick-Owens Indenture 1888 - Bienville Parish, LA

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 4:07PM GMT
Classification: Deed
For those who may be interested I have transcribed the above referenced document and posted with an image of the original on my blog at:

http://pastlane.blogspot.com/2013/01/amanuensis-monday-kilpa...

If you are descended from H.T. Owens, I hope you will contact me; he is my 2nd great-grandfather.

Re: Kilpatrick-Owens Indenture 1888 - Bienville Parish, LA

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 3:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Denise,

Do you have any info on H. T. Owens parents and grandparents?

My ggg-grandmother was Elizabeth Owens who married Isaac Thomas. Elizabeth was born about 1808 in SC and died in Bienville Parish, LA sometime between 1870 and 1880.
Isaac Thomas was born about 1800 and they both lived in Greenville District, SC

In 1824 elizabeth Owens is recorded as joining the Fork Shoals Baptist Church. She married Issac Thomas about 1826 in that same vacinity of Greenville District. The Thomas, Camp, and Sullivant families lived on the Reddy River and adjacent creeks in the area south of Fork Shoals and Pelzer, in the southern part of Greenville County which is Lauren County today I think.

I do not have any info on the parents of Elizabeth Owens.
I thought that it was such a coincidence that there are Owens families in Bienville Parish. I had not given thought to any Owens family members migrating into Bienville Parish with my Thomas family. This may mean a new avenue to pursue and a lead to finding Elizabeth's family.

Issac Thomas, Elizabeth and family migrated from SC to Noxumbee Co, MS about 1838 and then into Bienville Parish, La by 1851. Isaac died in 1854 and his succession record in Bienville Parish is LA. #1487. Elizabeth lived out her life in Bienville Parish. Their son James Thomas married Ophelia Ridlehoover Mobley (a young widow of civil war vet J B Mobley) and this is my line. James and Ophelia Thomas' daughter Laura married Joseph Preston Wright (my g-grandparents).

Any info that you have and are willing to share on your Owens line going backwards would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gail Walsh
gail_walsh18@yahoo.com

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 3:44PM GMT
Hi, Gail, I believe that the parents of H.T. (Houston T.) Owens were Thomas and Rebecca (Jordan) Owens but this is not yet proven. Thomas was born c1780 in Virginia and Rebecca born c1793 in Tennessee; they migrated to Alabama probably about 1830. Thomas died there in 1855. There is some evidence that they were in South Carolina in the early 1810s. Another child Stewart Owens was reportedly born in SC; he also migrated to Bienville Pr. Another family that is interconnected is the Caskeys who came from South Carolina. This is not much but hopefully it will give you some clues.

Denise

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 4:10PM GMT
Thank you for this info Denise. Hopefully, I can make a connection to my Owens line sometime soon! Best Regards!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions