Search for content in message boards

MILLS, Sam of NC

MILLS, Sam of NC

Libby (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MILLS, MCCLURE, KIRKLAND

Looking for a Sam Mills . Wife unknown. No dates. Had a daughter Margaret Mills who married Hannibal (Ham) McClure. They had a daughter Dora who married Jim Kirkland. Any help appreciated.

your Mils

Posted: 28 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 11:08AM GMT
Surnames: Mills
What is the dates of your Mills?? Need something to go on!!
Can't search my data base blind!! Have a huge Mills & Wells trees in my computer. Need approx. birth/death date along with name to search it!!

Sam Mills

Libby Nations (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mills, McClure

Samuel S. Mills b. 1846 d, April 15, 1915 m. Sarah C. Dorsey in 1870. They had a doughter margaret Mills b.abt. 1896. Would like proof that she is the Margaret that married Ham McClure. Thanks

Leon Council Mills

Ralph Austin Mills Jr (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MILLS
Looking for my gfather Leon Council Mills. Born 1869, location unknown. Married my gmother Vernie Hatch in 1904 in Mayo, Fl. Lafayette Co. (Her father was Charlie H. Hatch belived to be from Lafayette Co. Fl) Leon & Vernie Mills had 3 children, Daughter Nettie, born in Lafayette Co., son Thedious O. born in Bushy Hamlet around 1908 in Lafayette Co. Fl. My father born April 3, 1912 in Sebastian, Fl. St Lucie Co at that time. I, Ralph Austin Mills Jr was born Feb. 17, 1937 in Sebastian, Fl. Indian River Co. Leon Council Mills died in Sebastian Fl. in 1924. Ralph A Mills died in Ft Pierce, Fl in 1985.

Re: your Mils

Posted: 16 Jul 2003 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: Mills, Wells,Cook.
Mary, Im looking for info on Alexander Mills born 1820 in Virginia. Married Catherrine Elizabeth Wells on 21 Nov. 1842 in Logan County,Ky. Had a son named John Levi Mills. What I need is info on Alexanders parents and Catherines parents. I think that John Mills and Elizabeth Cook are his parents, only info I have on John is, he was born May 6 1786 in Va. and died March 6 1879. I have no info on catherine or elizabeth.. Any help would be great.. Thanks Becky

Re: Sam Mills

Posted: 8 Oct 2013 6:31AM GMT
Surnames: McClure, Mills
I don't think you have the right Margaret, don't match up but I'm finding from the Census records the dates aren't always correct. Joseph Hamilton McClure (Hannibal Ham) married Margaret Josephine Mills (McClure).
Here are their Graves at find a grave.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=16...
you can link over to each grave from their grave pages.

Re: MILLS, Sam of allied family ?

Posted: 8 Oct 2013 8:07AM GMT
Surnames: mills, mc clure, smith ashbridge
Mary ASHBRIDGE married Wm MC CLURE.

He died or disappeared.

Mary and family removed to Toronto Canada.apparently listed as of Chester CO PA.

Parker MILLS married Mary ASHBRIDGE MCCLURE. had additional children.

ASHBRIDGE family holds a reunion at the old home place in Toronto CAN.

By DNA testing, Parker MILLS line, he son of John MILLS and Rebecca SMITH of Sussex Co NJ and Grimsby, ON CAN,, John's descendant line did DNA testing and match on markers to

My MILLS line also of New Jersey and Ohio.

Another line of NJ MILLS, through to Jefferson Co KY, Samuel MILLS D: 1822 also match on markers to my MILLS Line on the MILLS DNA project.

Some of the data files says that some of Samuel's children listed as born in North Carolina.

Wonder if some how related to your MILLS - MC CLURE bunch?

www.famlytreedna.com under MILLS
haplo group I (eye) 2 a
STR as P 37.2.

pat
cw

Re: MILLS, Sam of NC - apparently DNA testing done on a branch of this MILLS line

Posted: 8 Oct 2013 8:38AM GMT
Surnames: mills
Also on www.ysearch.org for Smith MILLS line.

Did not do a matchbefore, seems to be 23 generations distance from my MILLS line.

pat
cw

my ID on that site URC6K

Re: MILLS, Sam of NC - Margaret and James are on this web site only 1 file

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 5:08AM GMT
found Margaret and James are on this web site only on 1 file.

possibly can contact that party to help out?

Or may be you have already done so?

pat
cw
Just happened to notice.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions