Search for content in message boards

Sadie E. Booth (Boothe) Dickerson

Sadie E. Booth (Boothe) Dickerson

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 1:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bowling, Booth, Boothe, Dickerson
Looking for more information on Sadie and her husband William H. Dickerson. From information I have gathered from other researchers: Sadie is the daughter of George W. Booth and Sarah Eliza Mayberry. George is is the son of Sarah Ann Bowling and Riley Booth. Sarah Bowling is the daughter of Orpha Bowling and unknown father. All were from Floyd CO. VA.. Any further information would be appreciated.

Re: Sadie E. Booth (Boothe) Dickerson

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 6:45PM GMT
I believe that your William H. Dickerson is William Harvey Dickerson, b. Aug 1893 and d. 1966. William Harvey is the son of William Riley Dickerson and Mary Jane Dobyns. Is this the William H. you are looking for?
Kasia

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: Bowling, Dickerson, Lester, Holliday
Kasia,
Thank you for replying. Yes that is the same William Dickerson. I am trying to locate people from this family. I hope that they may have more information on Sadie's Grandmother Sarah Ann Bowling Booth, and Sarah's mother Orpha Bowling. In the 1850 Floyd CO. Va. census Orpha and her daughters are living with Joshua Bowling and his wife Nancy Holliday Bowling and their children. Then in 1860 Orpha Bowling is living with Noah Lester in Floyd CO. Va., Joshua and his family are in Mercer CO. VA. (Which becomes Mercer WV). The problem for me is I can not figure out the relationship between Orpha and Joshua or find the parents for them.

Posted: 7 Sep 2010 8:59PM GMT
I am sorry but I cannot help you with the Booth (Boothe) side. I am a Dickerson researcher. Have you looked in "Families of Floyd County" by Barbara Reininger at
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~barbr/zz_m...
I would be glad to share what I have on William H. Dickerson, but this does not solve your Booth problem.

Kasia

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 5:39AM GMT
Surnames: Booth, Dickerson
Sadie Booth Dickerson and William Harvey Dickerson are my great-grand parents. My grandfather is their son, Paul Theodore Dickerson who married Eleanor Naomi Wilkinson Dickerson. If there is any family history that you could pass on to me I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you,
Shannon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic