Search for content in message boards

Death of Cora Kennard

Death of Cora Kennard

Posted: 29 Apr 2003 6:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KENNARD
Could someone locate a death date or obit, about 1940, for a Cora Kennard? She resided in Spokane with a young son who found her dead in the hallway of their home. She was a neighbor of a family named Brown, who moved to Oregon and raised her young son. Either a death date or an obit would be much appreciated.

Re: Death of Cora Kennard

Posted: 29 Apr 2003 10:04PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2005 1:22AM GMT
The following is from the Washington Death Index on ancestry.com:

Name: Cora L Kennard
Place of Death: Spokane City
Date of Death: 31 May 1944
Certificate: 836

Posted: 1 May 2003 10:39PM GMT
Surnames: Kennard
Sally I found the obit for Cora, did not find any article on her death so I could not confirm your tradition.

Charles

Posted: 19 May 2004 11:50PM GMT
Surnames: Cora Kennard
I know of this family. Please contact me at
pshepherd@bendsurgery.com

Posted: 19 May 2004 11:53PM GMT
I can give you information and name and phone number of the boy Please contact me at pshepherd@bendsurgery.com

Posted: 9 Jun 2004 4:23PM GMT
Sally I would be interested in talking to you and seeing what information you have on Cora Kennard Pitts. She is my daughters Great,Great Grandmother. Please write me at pshepherd@bendsurgery.com or call me at 541-815-0656

Posted: 9 Jun 2004 4:27PM GMT
Charles if you found the obit on Cora, Do you have a copy you can type, send - does it list relative?

Posted: 11 Jun 2004 6:19AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Kennard
Peggy From the Spokesman Review June 6, 1944 page 11

KENNARD, Cora Lee Home at E 1428 Rich. Survived by her husband Shelby W., at the home; 2 daughters, Mrs. Brady Curtis, Spokane; Mrs. Lyle Hughes, Kansas City, Mo.; 1 son, John Shelby Kennard, Spokane. Funeral Tues., June 6, at 11 a.m. from the SMITH FUNERAL HOME, W 1124 Riverside Ave., Rev. Charles McHarness officiating. Interment Riverside Park.

Charles

Pshepherd (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2004 7:54PM GMT
Sally you seem to have done alot of research on this family. Cori Pitts is my daughter's great-grandmother. Her daughter's is still alive though Judy (ruby Jean) has died. He tells stories of Cora Pitts being Cherokee Indian. Can you confirm?

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 5:07AM GMT
Surnames: Kennard/Pitts
Cora Kennard is my dads mom. My Grandmother. How do you know this family? Or what is your interest? I am trying to validate my indian heritage. Got any info?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic