Search for content in message boards

Henry HOWARD b. 1797 m. Nancy

Posted: 15 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: Howard, Noland, Stone
I looked at the handwritten 1850 Estill Co census and the child afterJackson is Irvine (16). He later married Emaline Witt.
Henry's father was Henry Howard. I don't know the mother's name. Henry's wife was Nancy Noland. She died June 15, 1853 at the age of 53, whichis consistent with her age on 1850 census. Her parents were William and Nancy Noland. I am descended from a William C. Howard. He married Elizbeth Stone and Henry Sr gave consent. That was April 6, 1839.

Henry HOWARD b. 1797 m. Nancy

Posted: 15 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:36PM GMT
Surnames: Howard, Larrison
In the 1850 Estill Co HH # 565 census is the following family:
Henry H Howard 53 b. VA
Nancy 51 b. KY
America 19, Jackson 18 and Jemima (not sure) 16.

Can anyone identify his parents and her maiden name? Thanks. Rita ritafishman@worldnet.att
Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2004 9:47PM GMT
Surnames: McGuire, Howard, Hamilton
I have been trying to connect Henry Howard and William Howard line to my Howard line which is in Owsley Co. Clement Howard of Maryland was in Madison Co.,KY by 1792. He shows up on the 1850 Owsley Co. census. Some of his children were Malinda b; 1810, Phillip b: 1812 and George b: 1819. I have not been able to determine Clement's parents or siblings. Do you think there is a connection?

Re: Howards

Posted: 24 Sep 2002 3:27PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2003 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: Howard, Hamilton, Rankin
This may help connect, although circumstantial. GGgrandmother, Susannah Howard, married John B. Rankin August 13, 1862 at the home of Anderson D. Hamilton in Estill Co. Susannah Howard was born in 1840 and died before 1880 in Estill Co. Anderson D. Hamilton's wife, Malinda Howard, was the daughter of Clement Howard. They were married in Estill Co. on March 11, 1833. Susannah Howard was the daughter of William Howard and Lenore Wiatt. Have you found anything more about this line?

Marilyn McGuire (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2002 8:11PM GMT
I have quite a bit more since posting that message. I'd be happy to share with you whatever I have.
I have that Lenora Wiatt was the wife of Philip Howard, brother to Malinda.
Can I email you directly? i can send my Howard/Hamilton tree as a word doc.

Marilyn

Posted: 28 Nov 2006 11:16PM GMT
Surnames: Hamilton, Harvey, Campbell, Vanderpool, Curtis, Linville
Just another area to search, I found some Howards from Kentucky living in Cass Co, MO about 1920-1930. Happy hunting,
Donna Hamilton Brucker

Posted: 13 Jan 2007 3:35AM GMT
i was reading your messages on the howards,i am searching for a Adrian D Howard,by any chance do you have him he was suppose to be a judge,he was born in tenn but died in ky.
thanks
also i have hamiltons on my grandmothers side ,i go to the howard /hamilton reunions every year

Posted: 20 Nov 2008 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: HOWARD/GOE
In researching my Howard and Goe lines from Old Landing, Lee County, KY, I found my grandfather's grave that I had never seen before. Buried beside him is Ellen Barker, b. abt 1849, d 1886. I did not know at the time who this person was and why 3 people were buried out in the middle of the woods. I found a book written by Melvin Goe of Missouri, The Goe Family and found where he had interviewed a Shelby Goe who told the story of Ellen and her husband Elias. When my grandfather was dying, he asked to be buried by his Aunt Ellen Barker. Ellen was the daughter of Phillip and Lenora Wyatt. Amanda Ellen Howard was probably her real name if you go by the census records. The story told, indicated both Ellen and her husband Elias died of smallpox. Elias passed away first and Ellen a few days later. The book indicates Elias was buried in the GOE Cemetery which isn't that far away from where Ellen, my grandfather, and brother are buried. The book also mentioned that Ellen and Elias had 2 or 3 children, but Shelby did not know who took the children. I did find one of the children listed on the 1880 Census living with Philip and Lenora, but no other children were listed. The childs name was Elias Barker age 9. What I dearly would love to do is find the descendents of Ellen and Elias and and give them the location of Ellen's grave. I really hate the idea of these graves being forgotten. I may be reached at gliv@bellsouth.net if anyone happens to find this message.

Posted: 20 Nov 2008 11:26PM GMT
Hi,
I am related to the Howard & Barker families from Estill/Owsley/Lee Co., Kentucky area.
Thanks for this post.
I think that Melvin (and Shelby) Goe may have the first names mixed up.
I think that Lucy Howard b: 1845, and not her sister Ellen, married Elias Barker. They were married Aug. 20, 1860 in Estill Co. You find them enumerated on the 1870 census in Millers Creek, Estill co. and 1880 in DeKalb Co., MO.

I am not sure who the Elias Barker (b: 1871 and living with the Howards in 1880 DeKalb co., MO)is the son of. Could Ellen have married a different Barker?

If the Ellen Barker (d: 1886), buried near your grandfather, is the same Ellen that is the daughter of Philip Howard, why doesn't she show up on the 1880 census? And, if Elias and Ellen didn't die until 1886 why would their son be living with the grandparents?

I looked for an Ellen or Amanda Barker on the 1880 census but couldn't find any that were born in Kentucky. Who is this mysterious Ellen Barker born 1849 and died 1886??
Who was your grandfather? Benjamin Goe? Where are the graves located? Is anyone else buried there or just Ellen and your grandfather?

Marilyn

Posted: 7 Dec 2008 1:37AM GMT
My husbands family is out of John B. Rankin, through his son John Wilmore Rankin. I was wondering what information you have on the Rankins and any information on the Howards

Also, I am out of Sabrina Howard who married Edward Logsdon. I found that her parents were Clement Howard and Ann Durbin. If you have any information on Clement Howard, that would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic