Search for content in message boards

F. T. GARRISON/Henry Co. IA.....connection to BEESON family?

F. T. GARRISON/Henry Co. IA.....connection to BEESON family?

Margaret (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2004 10:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any data on Freeman T. GARRISON's family in Tippecanoe Twp., Henry Co. IA in 1870-1880. My gg-gm, Ann HALL was widowed, and married Mr. Garrison in Knox Co. IL 1863. By 1870 they are in Henry Co. IA. Her son Fred HALL (b. 1860) is with the family as a stepson. Would be interested in any additional data on this family, and death info on Freeman GARRISON.

Also, I have an old photograph with caption, "Beeson house, home of Fred Hall"......I can't place this home or the BEESON family in my line. I've thought that Fred Hall lived with Mr. Garrison since he was 2 years old, so this house could have some connection with the Garrison family. Could this be a house/family in Henry Co. IA?

Thank you,
Margaret

Re: F. T. GARRISON/Henry Co. IA.....connection to BEESON family?

Posted: 8 Oct 2007 5:02AM GMT
Surnames: Garrison-Hall-Johns
Hi, I'm evidently related to you way back there. Here's what I know about Freeman T. His 1st wife was Sarah Johns, B: c1825,Ohio, died before 27 Mar 1863. Married Ann Hall,27 Nov 1863.(volume B,pg109,license#5731) Civil war vet.Co.D 7th Illinois Cav.(from Chestnut, Ill.) enlisted 10 Aug 1861,(in specific Co. 7 Sept.) discharged for disability 9 July 1862, filed for disability pension 1June1878 as invalid (appl#255988) Cert.#287889. 1850 census, Anderson Twp, Hamilton Co.Ohio. Census 1870 Tippecanoe, Henry Co. Iowa. Census 1880 Tippecanoe, Henry Co. Iowa. Census 1900 Barratt Twp. Thomas Co. Kansas. Sarah and Freeman had a son Jesse Benton Garrison, Born 13 Dec 1857 at Knoxville, Knox Co. Illinois. His mother was born in Virginia and his Dad in New Jersey. That's about all I've found so far. The Garrison's are my mother's family and they were about all from Norton, Kansas in the later years. Still a few of my cousins in Kansas. Hope this helps some. Don't think I've ever heard of the Beeson House. Myrna

Posted: 8 Oct 2007 5:27AM GMT
Hi, Myrna. Thank you for your reply. I have never discovered who the BEESON family is yet. I have found more information on Freeman Garrison if you are interested. I actually descend from his second wife, Ann Hall (and her 2nd husband, David Hall. Ann was married 3 times, Mr. Garrison being #3). I have Freeman Garrison's Civil War file if you would like me to copy it for you. I also found that Freeman Garrison and Ann Hall were divorced. Will send you what data I have if you are researching GARRISONs.
Margaret. You can email me directly if you like .....jenstad "at" pro-ns.net

Posted: 8 Oct 2007 5:28AM GMT
Hi, Myrna. Thank you for your reply. I have never discovered who the BEESON family is yet. I have found more information on Freeman Garrison if you are interested. I actually descend from his second wife, Ann Hall (and her 2nd husband, David Hall. Ann was married 3 times, Mr. Garrison being #3). I have Freeman Garrison's Civil War file if you would like me to copy it for you. I also found that Freeman Garrison and Ann Hall were divorced. Will send you what data I have if you are researching GARRISONs.
Margaret. You can email me directly if you like .....jenstad "at" pro-ns.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions