Search for content in message boards

MOORES OF N.C. -- 1800s.

MOORES OF N.C. -- 1800s.

Posted: 2 Mar 2000 7:33AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2006 2:51AM GMT
Hi. I am looking for information on the family of JOHN L. MOORE of N.C., approximately 1822 we believe. His son, Daniel D. (Donaldson) Moore, is my ggrandfather. He married Ruth Alice Magnolia Caylor (Kaller), unknown date, in N.C. Daniel had 2 or 3 brothers -- Joe, George, and William I believe is the third name. If any of this sounds familiar please contact me at holths@mtnhome.com. Daniel and his family came to Arkansas in 1913 or 1914 and settled in the N.E. part of the state, near present day Grubbs/Newport. Thanks, Debbie

JOHN MOORE OF NC

Cindy Branson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2000 8:31AM GMT
Debbie,
My name is Cindy Branson and I am also looking for information on the Moore's of NC. My Great Great Grandfather was Robert Dent Moore. He had a brother John Paris Moore. Below is the linage

Austin Linch Leatha A Moore
^^^Lamian Franklin Moore
^^^John Paris Moore
B.24 Nov 1837 - 2 Mar 1923
^^^Robert Dent Moore
^^^Rufus Abselom Moore

I have more information if this is the right one. Contact me at gab@srv.net

NC Moores

John D. (Jack) Moore (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2000 8:50PM GMT
In 1822 my ggg moved from Star NC to McNairy TN. He is Clinton Harris Moore born 1815.
Was in CSA, supplied in the TX Revolution,
NC Moores served as officers in Revolutionary army and their unit spent a winter at Valley Forge.

Several branches of the Moore families are doing research and when we get them all together, it will be very interesting.

Please send me your e-mail so we can stay intouch.

The groups working on this are: Mississippi, Texas and CA

It will be nice meeting you.

I live near San Francisco

Jack

Moore Family

Carlton Moore (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 7:27AM GMT
If you or the others send names, I will check for hits in my tree (back to 1774) in NC/TN. Parts of NC became TN. There were 375 Moore households in NC in 1800. Message board or e-mail me at reccoc2@co.st-johns.fl.us.

Samuel Annie Moore 1800?

Dana (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 10:43AM GMT
Hello, I have info on Andrew H. Moore,(DOB 1828), married to Caroline Drain, (DOB 1831)in Feb. 1857. I believe his parents were Samuel and Annie Moore, but have no further info or dates. Sound familiar to anyone?

ARCHIE MOORE FAMILY/GREENE COUNTY NC

ROSE STRICKLAND (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2000 6:54AM GMT
I'M LOOKING FOR ANY RELATIVES OF MY GREAT GRANDFATHER ARCHIE, HIS WIFE WAS KATE. THEIR CHILDREN WERE ROBERT, DOC, KIRBY, GORDON, CALLIE, JULIA,BETTY, MARYIDA, I THINK THERE WAS A SISTER THAT DIED YOUNG NAMED KATHLEEN, NOT SURE. I'M TRYING TO TRACE MY ROOTS, AND ARCHIE SEEMS TO BE AS FAR BACK AS I CAN GO. THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY OFFER.

archie moore

cherry kurete (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2000 9:50PM GMT
my grandfather 'charlie Moore' had a brother named archie, from Oklahoma. Does this fit in at all?

Samuel Annie Moore 1800?

Posted: 3 Apr 2000 10:46PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2001 4:49AM GMT
What country do you believe Samuel and Annie were born in? Could it have been Ireland, if so I may be able to assist.

Moores of NC

Cathy Nunnelly (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2000 12:21AM GMT
I am looking for info on Eli Moore, b. 02Jul1825 and d. 23Feb 1906; married to Elizabeth Ann__________

Father of John Henry Moore, born 12Oct1847 and died 13 Feb 1891 who was married to Susan Elizabeth Smallwood b. 20Jan 1846 d.20Feb1927.
Thanks.

Moore's from NC

Posted: 5 Oct 2000 9:40PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2003 1:53AM GMT
I am looking for information on my GG Grand-
father, Jones Joshua Moore from NC. He and
his two brothers Louis Moore and James Moore
moved together to Cookeville, TN. I do not
know if any other members of the family moved
along with them or not. Louis Moore was born
22 Mar. 1795. If any of this sounds familiar
please let me know.
Thanks,
Larry E. Moore
kf4lwl@ipa.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions