Search for content in message boards

Surnames

Posted: 12 Jan 2011 4:36AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Bartolata,Calleja,Cruz, Rodriguez
Hi,
How can I get the records of my relatives? I am Filipino,Spanish, and Chinese. How much is itworth to get the paperwork in the Philippines?

Thank you,

Re: Surnames

Posted: 15 Jan 2011 12:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
The Mormons have microfilmed the church and civil records of the Philippines. It is well worth checking out their website: www.familysearch.org. If you can, order which ever microfilms you think might have any of your family listed and spend some time at one of their local Family History Centers scrolling through a roll. It's a lot easier and more fruitful than trying to visit all the churches and municipal offices to find information that you don't already have (unless you have a contact on the inside of any of them who would be happy to oblige you).

Posted: 6 Mar 2011 10:57PM GMT
Thank you very much for the information I will check the website. I will save money for the Project. I started my own family tree already this Saturday yesterday.

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 4:11AM GMT
Surnames: Rodriquez and Cruz Family side has rich Relatives.
Hi Flyn,
I discovered an unknown relative are you sure the records given to me by this Website are possible relatives? I don't have money right now to get the records for free. I will search for Free websites. Please let me know alright.I know it's not the right time to take a cheek swab test and match DNA of living unknown possible relatives. How would I know they are the right relatives in my Spanish side? Please let me know.

Thanks,
April

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 11:58PM GMT
Of course, there is only one way to know if someone is a possible relative and that is to track down where their lineage and yours meet - if they do at all. How much of your own direct line do you know of? And what of their siblings and related families? It is best not to assume a given name is or is not related to you. You must find the proof that confirms or refutes the link you think might be there.
Posted: 25 May 2012 6:02AM GMT
Hi, I live in the Philippines, if you actually know the exact details like where exactly they were born, date of birth and parents, i can help you get information from our local census.. the family names CRUZ AND rODRIGUEZ ARE very common here, so it would help a lot if you can add more details
Posted: 25 May 2012 6:08AM GMT
Hi, I live in the Philippines, if you actually know the exact details like where exactly they were born, date of birth and parents, i can help you get information from our local census.. the family names CRUZ AND rODRIGUEZ ARE very common here, so it would help a lot if you can add more details
Posted: 5 Jun 2012 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: Zapanta, Fabio, Lorenzo
Hello,

I am working on my Husband's family for him, but as you know it is difficult in and of itself, but my family itself isn't from that part of the world (we are from the Caribbean)so I am unfamiliar with where cities/provinces are in proximity to each other, and the history to put anything in context. Is there anyway you would be willing to help? How far back do you have census records?

I know that my mother-in-law was born in 1956 in Ternate, Cavite Provence. Her name is Ledesma Zapanta Fabio. Her mother was Rosario Fabio (and I am told she is from Spain). Her father I don't know his first name but his surname is Zapanta and as far as we know he was born in the Philippines.

My father-in-law I believe to have been born in Olangapo, Zambalas Province about 1960. His name is Renato Lorenzo. He died about 1990--And this is all my husband knows about his father. His sister just had a baby girl on Mother's Day-- the first for her and his first full-blooded niece. He'd like to be able to tell her something about her origins when she gets older.

My email is mel.d.lorenzo@hotmail.com if you'd like to get a hold of me directly. Just put "Philippines" in the subject so I know its not spam or anything :) Thank you so much in advance

Posted: 19 Jul 2012 5:58PM GMT
Hi Melissa,

I'm afraid I'm not much help, but the only thing I can offer is a collection of birth certificates in Olangapo in 1960. There are other years available as well, but the year 1960 already has over 2,600 records, so if there's any way you can narrow down a birthdate for your father-in-law, it may make the search a bit less arduous.

You'll probably need to register to get (free) access to the link below, but it's definitely worth it.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-25629-36895-91...

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 5:13PM GMT
Are you sure of both your Spanish and Chinese ancestry? I know that's a common thing for Fiipinos of all generations to say but it's usually not the case, esp. when they do their genealogy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions