Search for content in message boards

Jennings in Missouri

Jennings in Missouri

stephanie proffitt (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2002 7:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jennings
Am looking for any information that any one might have regarding my great great grandmother, Rachel Ann Jennings born in Missouri April 22, 1851 and died in Missouri about 1917. Her father was Lysander H. Jennings born in Tennessee and her mother was Mary Ann. I do not know the last name of Mary Ann nor do I have the birth dates of Lysander or Mary Ann. Rachel married Richard K. Howard of Taney County, Missouri December 23, 1869.
I am needing information about any siblings of Rachel's and her parents. Thank you.

Re: Jennings in Missouri

Posted: 5 Jun 2003 10:26PM GMT
Edited: 21 Dec 2005 1:10AM GMT
Another Old Veteran Gone? Lysander H · JENNINGS died Tuesday 15th of May. He was born in Virginia Nov. 13, 1823 and located in this vicinity October 1832, and since that time he has been an honored citizen of Taney County. He married Mary A. BROWN, Sept. 7, 1848 and reared a family of five daughters and three sons, all of which survive him: Mrs. J.B. BOSWELL; Mrs. R.K. HOWARD; Mrs. J.C. PARRISH; Mrs. C.H. GROOM; Miss Mattie JENNINGS; Horatio S. JENNINGS; Jesse M. JENNINGS and Thomas F · JENNINGS are the children of above marriage. All reside in Taney County except H.S. and Jesse M. Mrs. J. U. WYATT of this county, and Z. D. JENNINGS of Stone County are sister and brother of deceased. The wife of the deceased died five years ago. Mr. JENNINGS served his country in the Civil War in Capt. GALLOWAY’s Greene County, Missouri Home Guards, and his grandfather, Thomas JENNINGS was a Revolutionary soldier.

Stephanie (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2003 10:52PM GMT
Thank you so much!! I recognized the daughter, Mrs. R.K. Howard as my great great grandmother, Rachael Ann Jennings Howard. You have provided a wealth of information of which I had none. Wow! What a start...!!
Can you tell me, please what paper or article was being "quoted"?
Are you related to the Jennings?

Posted: 7 Jun 2003 11:11PM GMT
Edited: 21 Dec 2005 1:10AM GMT

http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lochist/periodica... (This is a good site for Taney County items and where you can find the article I sent you.)

After I copied that article for you I realized that I had failed to put the date or where it came from....Lysander and wife Mary (Mary Ann Brown B: 10/18/1830 D: 5/9/1895)are buried in the Old Forsyth/Swan Cemetary in Taney co. The cemetary is is good condition and well maintained. Lysander and Mary were married 1852.

My husband is a Jennings from Taney Co. I'm trying to find out which branch of the Jennings' he sprouted from. I think either Jesse M or Thomas F was his great-great grandfather.

I'll save your e-mail address and forward anything else interesting your way. You can get quite a bit of information just typing in Lysander H. Jennings on a web search. There was a Jesse Jennings that was a Mo. State Representative for YEARS and I'm trying to determine if this was Lysander's brother. Let me know if I can be of further help.... I'm going to write to a very, very old relative of my husbands that lives in California. She has kept track of the Jennings' for several generation. When I get her reply and it pertains I'll send you a copy. Good luck---good hunting!!!!! Lisa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions