Search for content in message boards

OBITURARY OF WILLIAM H. SNYDER

OBITURARY OF WILLIAM H. SNYDER

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 4:19AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Snyder
Gladwin County Record, Gladwin, Michigan, 4 October, 1972
William H. Snyder Dies Tuesday in Tobacco Tp.

Funeral services will be held Thursday afternoon September 16, at 2 o'clock at the Dale Methodist church for William Herrick Snyder, conducted by Rev. H. Hodgson. Burial will be at the Dale Cemetery. Mr. Snyder died at his home in Tobacco Township Tuesday morning

Born August 26, 1860, he was married in June 1887. In that year Mr. and Mrs. Snyder came to gladwin county and located in Tobacco township on their present farm home. They celebrated their fiftieth anniversary in June with a big family reunion. Mr. Snyder was a charter member of the F & A. M. lodge at Beaverton.

Re: OBITURARY OF WILLIAM H. SNYDER

Posted: 15 Oct 2001 4:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: snyder, sterling
Lillian, Do you have any more information on the Snyder Family from that area? If you do, I would appreciate whatever you are willing to share. I too am looking for Snyder's in htat area of Michigan.
Madelyn

Posted: 15 Oct 2001 10:19PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2001 10:29PM GMT
Dear Madelyn,
I will be happy to share it with you. What association do you have with the Snyder's in that area. I am looking to anwers on an another obit I found. So please let me know how you are associated? Be happy to work with you. Not home right now. But will email, soon. Take care,

Posted: 5 Nov 2001 4:41PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2003 2:59PM GMT
Lucille, When you get a chance I would like to hear from you again regarding Wm. Snyder. You mentioned that you would share information and I am anxious to know more about him.
Thanks,
Madelyn

Posted: 6 Nov 2001 7:42AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 8:18PM GMT
Surnames: Snyder, Herrick, Schmitz, Dunbar, Miller, Albright, Dundas, Bracy, Smith
Dear Madelyn,
Thank you so much for getting back with me. I wrote your email address down and don not put any information on it!! So I am so happy you got back with me. Here is what I have that was written up by a family member. No idea who wrote it or when.

FAMILY OF WILLIAM SNYDER SR.

Willaim Snyder Sr. was born in Buffalo, N.Y. April 20, 1835. His parents who came to the U.S. from Germany and he later brough his family to Ohio when William was six weeks old, William was the oldest of ten children. His brothers and sisters were Henry, Andrew, Theadore, Catherine, Libby, Susan, Mary, Julia and Miranda.

Annjenett Herrick who became the wife of William Snyder was born in Fayette Co. Ohio. She and sisters Helien & Evie ran a toll gate. They later open a milliner store in Metamore, Ohio. Annjenett taought school in Ohio & Iowa.

The family of William & Annjenett were, William Herrick ( my great grandpa), Andrew, John, Emma, Jinks, and Theadore.

William Herrick Snyder married Christina Schmitz of Ogden, Michigan Dec. 16, 1882. The had one daughter, Carrie, who was seven months old when her mother died.

In 1887, June 22, he married Luella Dunbar. She was the daughter of Leander & Sarah Miller-Dunbar. Her grandfather was born in Scotland and came to the USA at Mass. Later he live in Fulton County Ohio, where Leonder was born, he was of of a large family. He married Sarah Miller and they were parents of six children, Julius, Emma, Eugene, Luella, Chareles and John.

In the fall of 1887, William and his brother Andrew made the journey from Fulton County Ohio to Gladwin County, Mich. in a covered wagon. He bought eighty acres of wild land on what is now the Tobbacco River. After building a log house he brought his wife to the farm where they lived for over fifty years.

Their family of eight children were, Leon, Lula, Freda, Blanche (my grandma), Ralph, Ada, Irma and Clifford.

Aside from farming, William H. served as treasure and supervisor in Tobbacco township. They were both active in church affairs and helped to build the stone church at Dale which still serves the growing community.

Obituary of unknown Snyder in Gladwin County Record. I would like to identify this person.

SNYDER
William H. son of Mr. and Mrs. D.M. Snder of Gladwin died in Chicago. Sept. ?? at the age of 26, of tuberculosis. Funeral service were hel Sunday and burial took place in Mt. Hope cemetery, Chicago. There was a large attendance at the funeral, 12 autos being in line. Mr. and Mrs. D.M. Snyder, his parents, and Mrs. R.D. Weinberg, sister, of Gladwin, and Henry B. a brother from Battle Creek, were in attendance.

A wife and two children mourn his loss.

Was written by the researcher I could not read It may have been 1927, but I cannot be sure. If you are not from this area. Battle Creek as well as Gladwin, Battle Creek are in Michigan.

Leon and Ralph lived in Lansing, MI, Irma (Smith) and Clifford lived in Beaverton, MI, Freda (Bracy) Detroit, Mi, Lula (Dundas) St. Clair Shores, MI, Ada (Albright) San Diego, CA

Hope this make a connection. I am just now starting to gather obituaries. What I have will be put on here as I get them.
Sorry this is late. Take care, and get with me if any of this fits please get with me.
Thanks, L.Morton

Lucille Morton (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2002 11:10AM GMT
Dear Madelyn,
I had written down your email address, and no other info with it. I also remember we had other correspondence. I was suppose to be sending you info on Wm. H. Snyder.
DID I DO IT?
I have a good memory, it is just to short! I have been able to get a bit more on Snyder's. So please contact me, so I can go over some of it.
Sorry for the delay. Thanks, Lucille Morton

Posted: 26 Jul 2006 3:57AM GMT
Lucile all I have is a photo copy of this picture and back of picture dont know where got but not sure if it fits in my Purvis or Good family lines or not Back says Lula or lida Snyder Ithaca Mi. Thought you might know who is. See two attachments.
Thanks Rose
Attachments:

Re: OBITURARY OF WILLIAM H. SNYDERRe:Snyder photo

Lucille Morton (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2006 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Snyder, Herrick, Dunbar, Morton
I am not sure if that is my Great Aunt Lula Snyder or not. But I have photo's from my Wm. H. Snyder line that were taken by an Ithaca, MI photographer. I will have to have my uncle look at it, and see what he thinks.

On the back of the photo it looks like a water mark through her name. I kind of go a different way with the name. It almost looks like "Linda". But maybe I am projecting! My middle name is Linda!

Will be sure to have them look at it. Nice to hear from you. Sincerely, L. Morton

Re: OBITURARY OF WILLIAM H. SNYDERRe:Snyder photo

Rose (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2006 6:42AM GMT
Thank You looking forward to hearing from you.
Rose
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions