Search for content in message boards

marriage of ann BRETT to a BLUNKALL pre 1831, Norfolk

marriage of ann BRETT to a BLUNKALL pre 1831, Norfolk

Posted: 1 Sep 2011 7:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Sep 2011 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Blunkall, Brett, Green
Hi Can anyone help. My Ancestor Ann Blunkall married William Green in Shipdham on 14/04/1831. She is shown as a spinster. From census records ive calculated her birth to be around 1813/14 in Shipdham. Ive never managed to find a record of her baptism under Blunkall. Ann remarried on 21/11/1871 to a Robert Hurst in Happisburgh. On the marriage cert her father is shown as a John Brett. Ive found a birth record of Ann Brett born 1813 in Cranworth to a John Brett. What I cannot find is a marriage of a ann Brett to a Blunkall pre 1831. Can anyone offer any advice on where I look next. Has anyone tracing a Brett/blunkall line solved this mystery.

Re: marriage of ann BRETT to a BLUNKALL pre 1831, Norfolk

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 11:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BRETT, GREEN, BLUNKALL
I have been researching Ann Brett and think I can help your query. The Ann that William Green married in Shipdham in 1831 was from Hindolveston and was born earlier c.1807 (see later censuses for Cranworth where they lived and raised a family). She may well therefore have been Blunkall by birth although I cant evidence this.

Ann Brett from Cranworth/Shipdham married a different William Green in Tunstead district (Happisburgh?) in 1838 (source free BMD). He had been born in Devon. The rest of your post is correct.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions