Search for content in message boards

White Family Coventry

White Family Coventry

Richard Chambers (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White, Topliff, Brigman, Tilden
Samuel White d. North Coventry,Tollard Co. 1785(m.Rachel Tilden)son:Lemuel b.1758 N.Coventry,m.Anna Brigman 1781.Thier son Chester b.Vermont(?),m.Lucy Topliff N.Coventry(?)1816.Any information or sources for information about this branch of the White family would be appreciated.

Tilden Tolland Couny CN

Posted: 31 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2001 2:55PM GMT
Surnames: TILDEN, SHERWOOD, HILL

Are you recording North Coventry VT or N. Coventry Connecticut where a Wm. T. Tilden was born?

Re: White Family Coventry

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: White, Tilden, Chamberlain
Are you still looking for information about the White family of North Coventry, CT. You might look for a book titled Memorials of Elder John White by Allyn Kellogg. Samuel's wife Rachel Tilden was a widow with 3 children when she married Samuel White on 14 March 1756. Her first husband was Joshua Tilden. Samuel and Rachel had 4 children: Experience b. 2 Apr 1760, Samuel b. 5 Nov 1757, Lemuel b. 30 Dec. 1758, and Timothy b. 8 March 1764. Rachel's maiden name was Chamberlain. I have more information.

Posted: 14 Jan 2007 4:40PM GMT
Thanks for your response and I am still looking for information about the White family of N. Coventry CT. I do have a copy of Memorials of Elder John White by Allyn Kellogg, and most of the info is fairly accurate. There is an electronic version on-line at the Family History Archives (http://www.lib.byu.edu/fhc/) for anyone needing information on the descendants of Elder John White of Hartford and Hadley.

I also did some research on the Chamberlain line and Rachel's ancestors, and so have a bit of information about her.

I had been hoping to find records and more info about Samuel in N. Coventry in addition to the Kellogg material. What is your additional information?

Posted: 14 Jan 2007 4:42PM GMT
Thanks for your response and I am still looking for information about the White family of N. Coventry CT. I do have a copy of Memorials of Elder John White by Allyn Kellogg, and most of the info is fairly accurate. There is an electronic version on-line at the Family History Archives (http://www.lib.byu.edu/fhc/) for anyone needing information on the descendants of Elder John White of Hartford and Hadley.

I also did some research on the Chamberlain line and Rachel's ancestors, and so have a bit of information about her.

I had been hoping to find records and more info about Samuel in N. Coventry in addition to the Kellogg material. What is your additional information?

Posted: 14 Jan 2007 4:42PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2007 9:25AM GMT

Posted: 15 Jan 2007 3:02AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2007 9:27AM GMT
Surnames: White, Miller, Bushnell, Scranton, Gombridge
Samuel White's parents were Thomas White and Sarah Miller. The White family is pretty well documented in the Kellogg book. I have information about Sarah Miller. She was born abt 1700 in Glastonbury, CT and died 10 Aug 1736 in Lebanon, CT. Her parents were William Miller b.30 Nov 1659 Northampton, Hampshire Co., MA; m. 19 Apr 1693 in Saybrook, Middlesex Co, CT to Mary Bushnell b. 20 Feb 1672 Saybrook, CT (daughter of John Bushnell and Sarah Scranton). If you can find a copy of "The Miller Family - A Walk Through Time by Curt Arthur Miller and Doris Langer Miller August 2002 you will see the rest of the descendacy spelled out. I found this copy at the Genealogy Society of CT. John Bushnell's parents were Francis Bushnell and Marie (Mary) Gombridge.

Posted: 21 Jan 2007 12:33PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2007 10:50AM GMT
Surnames: Miller
Thanks for your response. Is there more information about "Miller Family - Walk Through Time"...a publisher etc? I haven't been able to locate any further information about it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions