Search for content in message boards

Grizzel Family Tree

Grizzel Family Tree

Jane Grizzel (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grizzel, Rasnick
Searching for family Grizzel family history form Dickenson County, Nora, Va.

Grizzel Family

Posted: 18 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2002 8:19AM GMT
Surnames: Grizzel, Lee, Rasnick, Mc Coy
Looking for any info on husband's family Grizzel - Lee. Both lived in Dickinson County, Nora, Va. Father James Joshua Grizzel, mother Elton Eliza Lee. We have the "Counts Book", and know these surnames are related. Thanks for any help.
Jane

Grizzle Family

Charlie McCoy (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Grizzle, Lee, Rasnick, McCoy
Elton Lee Grizzle daughter of Bert Lee and Liza Lee Rasnick.
Elton married Jim Grizzle.I knew him when I was a child and he had a wooden leg.He is my 2nd cousin thru marriage on my fathers side.I was talking to 2 Grizzle boys last summer on Brushy Ridge.Since then I have heard 1 of them was in a bad car accident,but is at home recovering.They have a sister named Penny and a brother named James.I don't any of the other kids names because they are younger than me.Their grandmother and my grandmother were sister daughters of Elijah Rasnick.Hope this helps.They still live at Nora,Va.
Elton is still living,but Jim is deceased.

Re: Grizzel Family

gina (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2001 4:41PM GMT
I am trying to find out about my ancestors. My grandmothers maiden name was Mary Virginia Grizzel. She had two sisters Lucile and Helen. What information do I need to find out about to place them on a family tree. My grandmother died a few years ago and I have lots of questions but don't know who to ask.
gina

Posted: 20 Jul 2001 9:44PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2002 8:19AM GMT
Surnames: Grizzel
Hi Gina,
I have been slowly working on my husband's family tree. Do you know where your grandmother lived. Do you know her married name and birth date? We are going to Nora, Va. August 11th, Saturday. I intent to get a phone book from that area. We are going to see my huband's aunt on his mother's side. I am going to try to get some information on my husband's side of the family-Grizzel. I will let you know when I get back & if I can get phone bokks, I will make copy of Grizzel's and mail it to you. I have the program Family Tree Maker to do our family tree on the computer. One thing I will impress upon you, if you are doing this on the computer, make sure you back up EVERYTIME you make an entry. I didn't back-up and lost over 3,000 names when our compouter crashed. I now have two backups, and alternate back and forth between them. I put the date that I backed up on the disks in pencil and change it when doing a new backup. It has been almost a year since the crash, and I just can't get back in the mood to work on it again. This trip will
hopeful jumpstart me into working on it again. Please send me your email adress on regular email and I will try to help you with your hunt.
Good Luck with our serch,
Jane
jgrizzel@msn.com

Gina (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2002 4:59AM GMT
My grandmother married Robert Warden who lived in San Luis Obispo, California. She had two sisters Helen and Lucile.
Neither sister had children. Her birthday is September 26th and I still need to find out more information from my Aunt on Family history. I hope this might help a little.
Gina

Jane Grizzel (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2002 1:31AM GMT
Gina, Thanks for the info. Right now I do not think my husband's had any family in California. They stayed mainly in Dickenson County, Virginia. I am still researching.
Jane

Posted: 23 Nov 2002 2:47PM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2003 4:01PM GMT
Surnames: Lee, Horsley, Bloomfield, Brown, Akers, Adkins, Lewis, Liles
Just curious.....I have a lot of ancestors buried in Horsley Cemetery in Greenup Co., KY..(Brown, Lee, Horsley), and
the cemetery is located on Grizzel Rd.....What, if any, connections would you have in this area?
I'm particularly interested in my Lee line. My G, and my GG
grandfathers were both named Joseph Lee, and I cannot
make any connections to their line.
Ring a bell, anywhere?
TIA,
Beverly

Re: Grizzle Family

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: Grizzle, Rasnick, Counts
Would you happen to know who posted the attached picture? I found it online several years ago but cannot locate the owner. My mother is in the picture. My mother is Wilma Grizzle Helton and she is 91 years old. I know she would love to get a copy. Her parents are William Grizzle and Lizzie Pearl Rasnick. Thank you!
Attachments:

Re: Grizzle Family

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: Grizzle, Rasnick, Counts
Would you happen to know who posted the attached picture? I found it online several years ago but cannot locate the owner. My mother is in the picture. My mother is Wilma Grizzle Helton and she is 91 years old. I know she would love to get a copy. Her parents are William Grizzle and Lizzie Pearl Rasnick. Thank you!
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic