Search for content in message boards

HALSEY of NJ

HALSEY of NJ

Posted: 23 Apr 2001 5:27PM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2001 4:54PM GMT
My ggm Ada Argile HALSEY b in New Jersey. Her father was Jeffrey HALSEY m Mary CLAYTON.
All born in NJ. Hoping to fill in HELMUTH and HALSEY blanks. Source is Death Cert

Halsey Book

Karl Swartzel (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2001 7:02AM GMT
Hi Tom Are you aware of the Halsey book re:
"Brother against Brother"
Halsey mansion on the Hudson River and Plantation home in VA.
Other facts are the (Stevens), Stephens, & King families also had mansions on the Hudson. The Greeley's were on the guest list of a Stevens Castle party. I am also related to all the above. The Holts and Thornes also owned large tracks of land in Colonial New Jersey. The Haighs and Searles also owned mansions I have found out whom I am also related to. Please see all my other postings. Thank you
Karl
http//www.abraxis.com/swartzel
"Dennis Family of the Eastern Shore"

Halsey, Keyport, NJ Web Link

Posted: 28 May 2001 7:26AM GMT
Hello again Just surfed on this where there is several Halsey's re:
ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/nj/monmouth/cemetery/gre...
Enjoy
Karl

Halsey, Ada Web Link

Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:04AM GMT
Hi again Just found this web site re:

http://distantcousin.com/cemetery/nj/monmouth/fairview/H.htm...

Enjoy
Karl

Re: HALSEY of NJ

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 12:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Mary Clayton was my great grandmother. She married my great grandfather Thomas Van Note in 1875 and my grandfather Robert Mason Van Note was born in 1887. That makes your great grandmother Ada Halsey Helmuth my grand aunt. I can give you info on Ada & William Halsey's decendants and Mary Clayton's ancestors but I'm afraid I have hit a brick wall when it comes to Jeffrey Halsey. . .but I'm still searching.

If it is at all possible I would very much like a copy of Ada's death certificate. It would solve the mystery we Van Notes have of who were her parents.

Thank you so very much and let me know if I can provide you more information. . .or just check out my tree.

Karen

Re: HALSEY of NJ

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 2:58PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Swanson, Overton, Halsey, Murray, Anderson, Knowlton
Karen,
I too am researching Halsey in NJ. Mary Clayton and Jeffrey Halsey had Ada and my great great grandmother, Mayriva. Mayriva was born 1875 so I am wondering about Mary's marriage in that same year to Thomas Van Note. Can you tell me anything about this? How do I access your tree to see if there is anything from it that I can add to mine?
Tracy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic