Search for content in message boards

Herbert Trusty Taswell Ind.

Herbert Trusty Taswell Ind.

Lee Martinez (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2000 10:31PM GMT
I'm trying to go backward in time to trace my Trusty line Herbert was my grandfather. He was married to Alma Zaring, He had several brothers and sisters, Only ones I remember are Ruth, Dorothy, Samuel. Papaw lived in California for the last 30 years or so of his life I know he still has family around Taswell. Lost touch after all these years. He has a son Jerry and daughter Janell, she has also passed away.

Herbert Trusty

Posted: 11 Dec 2000 11:11PM GMT
Finding my papaw's death certificate, I can add the following:Born 3/3/1903 Died 6/19/82,
His father's name was William Jackson Trusty, his mother was Lucinda Ellen Park

Trusty

Posted: 12 Dec 2000 9:47PM GMT
Have more family info Herbert's sisters were Dorothy, Ruth, Berthie, Stella Brothers Samps and Henry, Henry died when he was got between two connecting trains hooking up. Henry Had at least two sons Hudson and Stanley

updated Trusty

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 2:42PM GMT
New information received on Herbert Trusty's relatives, His Mother's name was Parker not Park, His brother's name is Sampson not Samps, and his sisters married names were Ruth McGovern, she has a daughter named Margie Lou Edwards her husband is Kenneth, Dorothy George, Bertha Crews, Stella Owens.
Papaws Brother Ollies third sons name was Everet.

disregard mention of Ollie

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 4:50PM GMT
The last line og update message should be omitted Uncle Ollie was My Grandmothers brother not Papaws.

Re: Trusty family of Taswell, Indiana

Posted: 16 Jan 2002 7:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Sep 2003 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: Trusty, Bovinet, Bovinette, Goodson
Hello,
Mary Jane Trusty from Taswell Indiana, was my Great Great Grandmother. She married a Joseph Bovinette. The story has been told that she along with her brother were adopted by one of the Trusty familys in that area. If any one has any information to share please feel free to E-mail me.

Re: Trusty family of Taswell, Crawford County Indiana

Posted: 17 Feb 2002 9:14PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Mary Jane Trusty , Elder W,J Trusty & MRS. L.E , John L.Trusty& Ora Dell
Mary Jane (Trusty) Bovinet is buried outside of Mifflin Indiana in a Church Cemetery high on a hill.She was born Sept 19, 1853 and Died July1,1913. She married Joseph Bovinet12/7/1871
They had 9 children, Allen Joseph 1878, John William1875, Josephine 1873,Isabelle 1881, James Arthur 1884, Charles Franklin 1887, Edward Lincoln 1891 Violet M. 1894, Henry Delbert 1897.
I have also located the final resting place of John C Trusty 1877-1941 and wife Ora Dell 1881-1959 they are in the Taswell Cemetery next to the Church.
There is also a grave for a Elder W.J 1862 -1949 and his wife Mrs. L.E. 1870-1942. I do not know their relation to Mary Jane.

Posted: 25 Oct 2002 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Trusty, Belcher, Conklin, Harmon, Bovinett, Parke, Crews
Hi Cousin Kathleen, Just thought I'd clue you in some on our Trusty family. Mary (Trusty) Bovinett was the daughter of Allen and Mary Elizabeth (Harmon) Trusty. She had three brothers, one dying young. Mary Elizabeth died Nov 1863 and Allen married Rebecca Emaline (Belcher) Conklin, widow of Silas Conklin. He and Rebecca had 5 children: William Jackson (your Elder W. J. mentioned in your post), Berry Belcher Trusty, Levi J., Rebecca and Pinkie. William Jackson married Lucinda Ellen Parke and they are my GG-grandparents...I descend through their daughter Bertha May (Trusty) Crews. I can supply much info on Allen and Rebecca's descendants as well as Allen's sister, Mary Ann (Trusty) Belcher. Just let me know. Steve

Posted: 26 Oct 2002 1:14AM GMT
Surnames: Trusty, Bovinett, Goodson, Bunch
Hello Stephen,
write me at Kathy2905@aol.com . I would be glad to hear more about our family history.
Thanks so much for writing.

Posted: 13 Jan 2003 6:12AM GMT
Hello cousin, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I was going through my papers and came upon your message. I have no idea why and how I misplaced it.
Stephen there is much talk in the family about Mary Jane Trusy being part Cherokee Indian. Or perhaps it was her Mother that had the Indian blood. The same with Black Jack Trusty. Do you have any information on this. My Great Aunt told me Mary Jane Trusty Bovinett would visit her eldest daughter Josephine Goodson dressed as an Indian. I have a picture of Mary Jane and she is dressed in the clothing of the time. I had heard from some that Black Jack and Mary Jane were both adopted by a Minister and his wife and they were full brother and sister. I have also heard that Black Jack became a minister himself. It looks as if you have much more information then I. I have contacted some of the Bovinett family in East St Louis, Ill and they don't seem to know about this. Have you done much research on the Bovinett line? When my Mother and I visited French Lick last year for a mini reunion with the Goodson's we went to Taswel and Mifflin and down a dirt road a mile or so out of Mifflin and visited Mary Jane's grave site. I wish I would have drawn a map because it was just luck that we found it. I would be intrested in Allen Trusty descendant's as well as Mary Elizabeth Harmon Trusty also any information on the Bovinett's.
Thanks for your help...
Kathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions