Search for content in message boards

Kaiser Wilhelm

Kaiser Wilhelm

Posted: 8 May 2010 10:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
My mother says that we are great great great neices of the Kaiser and her maiden name was Kaiser before she married my mother. My Grandmother is named Inga, I believe, I am the first immigrant to my mothers side of the family. I am not sure of my grandparents and great grand parents but am curious to know if what my mother says might be true?

Re: Kaiser Wilhelm

Posted: 8 May 2010 10:22AM GMT
Also my mothers family resides in Karlshure Germany. I am not exactly sure of our direct relations but my mother said that he was an uncle of ours 2-3 times removed.

Posted: 8 May 2010 1:55PM GMT
tequawrm,

Pls. read through similar threads on this board. It is possible that you are related to the Kaiser (I assume you mean one of the Hohenzollern family), but not, I think, likely. I would say that the surname "Kaiser" does not raise the chance of a connection, at all. The descents/relations of the Hohenzollerns are well-covered on the web. Sites have been named on this board in replies to queries similar to yours.

You do need to know, or be able to recognize, your family connections when viewing the information on the Hohenzollern ancestry / descendants / related families. Else, board members would never know what to look for.

In short, you need to get your family tree in shape, and then go hunting for royal connections. Best of luck.

Posted: 8 May 2010 1:59PM GMT
tequawrm,

Pls. read through similar threads on this board. It is possible that you are related to the Kaiser (I assume you mean one of the Hohenzollern family), but not, I think, likely. I would say that the surname "Kaiser" does not raise the chance of a connection, at all. The descents/relations of the Hohenzollerns are well-covered on the web. Sites have been named on this board in replies to queries similar to yours.

You do need to know, or be able to recognize, your family connections when viewing the information on the Hohenzollern ancestry / descendants / related families. Else, board members would never know what to look for.

In short, you need to get your family tree in shape, and then go hunting for royal connections. Best of luck.

Posted: 8 May 2010 2:14PM GMT
Surnames: Kinder, Gunder, Wenderoth
Kaiser Wilhelm's last name wasn't Kaiser - it was Hohenzollern, it came from a small principality in southwestern Germany.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic