Search for content in message boards

schoolcraft girls

schoolcraft girls

marilyn (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2006 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schoolcraft, Clinging, Wilson, McNary, Roberts, Beauman, Turner, Smith, Havens
Am looking for any information on the 12 Schoolcraft girls born to David Nelson & Martha McClain Schoolcraft in Pleasant Vale Township. 4 of the girls died in infancy. The remaining girls were Lillie Schoolcraft Clinging, Clara Schoolcraft Wilson, Bertha Schoolcraft McNary, Sarah Schoolcraft Roberts, Geneva Schoolcraft Beauman, Lena Schoolcraft Turner, Minnine Schoolcraft Smith, Lela Schoolcraft Havens. They all lived in the New Canton/ElDara/Barry/Kinderhook area except Geneva who moved to Michigan & Clara who moved to Missouri. Any information would be very helpful. Thanks.

Re: schoolcraft girls

Posted: 30 Jan 2007 9:54PM GMT
I have the obit for lilly schoolcraft clinging. My grandmother was Dora (clinging) Baucom. Her parents were Sylvester & Melvia (Hoover) Clinging. I can send you a copy if you'd like.

Posted: 30 May 2010 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Schoolcraft Beauman
My father's Aunt Geneva was Mary Geneva Schoolcraft. She was born 5/3(23?)/1893 in New Canton, IL, married Warren Beauman 10/17/1912 in Pittsfield, IL, and died 2/7/1964. That's all the information I have for now.

Posted: 5 Jun 2010 8:28PM GMT
Hi! My line is from Susan Welch Schoolcraft's brother, David Welch, and I would be interested in a copy of Lillie Schoolcraft's obit. Thanks.

Peggy

Posted: 16 Jun 2010 4:46PM GMT
you can send me your address at elizabeth_k_4@hotmail.com & i will send it to you.

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 3:15AM GMT
I found a death certificate for Clara. She died March 27 1951 in Hanibal, Marion Co., Missouri of a coronary thrombosis. She was married to a Barney Wilson and was listed as 69 with a date of birth as Oct 17 1881. She was born in New Canton and her father was Nelson Schoolcraft. Her mother is not listed. She lived at 2700 Market St and died at home. Her husband was still living. She was buriedMarch 29 1951 at Hydesburg Cemetery in Hydesburg, Ralls Co., Missouri.
Her husband Barney died in Hannibal on April 9 1959 at Elizabeth Hospital of terminal pneumonia and congestive heart failure. He was listed as a widow X2 so maybe he was married before Clara. He was 84, a bit older than her,,,he was born Nov 7 1863 in Kinderhook to Martha and James A Wilson. He was a retired blacksmith. he apparently lived with a son, George Wilson at the time of his death at 2001 Grace Street in Hannibal. He was buried April 10 1958 ib Hydesburg Cemetery also.
Missouri death certificates are online and a great resource. I hope this helps a little.

Posted: 1 Jul 2010 8:45PM GMT
Surnames: Beauman
I saw the graves of Geneva, Warren, and their son Lilburn Beauman today. They are buried in Woodland Cemetery in Monroe, MI. Hope this helps.

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 2:47AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Beauman, Schoolcraft
I found an article in the 10/19/1912 Quincy Daily Journal concerning the giving of marriage licenses. One of the receiving couples was " Warren Beauman, Pittsfield, and Miss Eva Schoolcraft, of El Dara;"

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 7:36PM GMT
Newspaper tidbits--

Aug 3 1906
Israel Turner of Kinderhook and Lena Schoolcraft of Eldara were married Tuesday night at the Methodist Parsonage.

Aug 26 1911
marriage license issued to Roy Smith 26 and Miss Minnie Schoolcraft age 22 both of New Canton

Aug 11 1896
Mr. Barna (Sp?) Wilson and Miss Clara Schoolcraft of our villiage were united in the holy bonds of matrimony Sunday. Justice R.T. Bratton of Hull pronounced the words that made this happy pair husband and wife. We extend congratulations.

There were three or four articles concerning a Schoolcraft family..John of Cameron Mo. apparently a daughter Mary was reported missing, with her body found the next day in a corn field a mile from her home. The mother said gypsys did it and then the parents fled but were arrested for her murder.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions