Search for content in message boards

Parents of Joel Camp (husband of Gratia Bailey Camp)?

Parents of Joel Camp (husband of Gratia Bailey Camp)?

Posted: 20 Nov 2009 7:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Camp, Foster, Wilcox
I'm researching the family of Reuben Camp and his wife Polly (Foster) Camp, and have noticed that some researchers listed Reuben and Polly as the parents of Joel Camp but others list Joel's parents as Jonas Camp and his wife Pamelia (Wilcox) Camp.

So who are Joel's parents? And is there any definitive proof?

Re: Parents of Joel Camp (husband of Gratia Bailey Camp)?

Posted: 15 Mar 2010 1:22AM GMT
I have Reuben and polly in my family tree, but I have never seen Joel or any reference to him. Did you ever find out who the parents were.

Posted: 15 Mar 2010 1:01PM GMT
Surnames: Camp, Foster, Wilcox, Bailey
No, the mystery (at least to me) continues. Thanks for your response however; I hope someone from the other alleged parents chimes in.

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 3:07PM GMT
Most researchers indicate that Jonas is the father of Joel b Dec 27, 1798 in Clarksburg, MA. I haven't found definitive proof. Jonas appears on the Clarksburg, Berkshire, Mass US Census in 1800 with a male child under 10. I have searched records in all the relevant places in VT, Cattaraugus County, NY (Gratia is buried in Leon) and even Artesia Twp, Ill. where Joel is buried.

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 6:57PM GMT
Edited: 5 Feb 2013 6:58PM GMT
Surnames: Camp, Cox, Johnson (x2), Bush, Hall (x2), Monahan, Bozett, Comstock
Reuben Camp and Polly (Foster) Camp are in my tree. Reuben is my 5great grandfather.. But I don't have a Joel...

I do have 7 possiable 8 kids..

You can email me at Dream263000@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions