Search for content in message boards

Old Software - Europress Family Tree

Old Software - Europress Family Tree

Posted: 28 Dec 2008 1:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
I used this now very clunky software extensively in the early 1990s. Have well over a thousand of persons entered. Am currently returning to my earlier interest in genealogy and would like to upgrade to contemporary package (for use on PC). Europress Family Tree was "amateur" version of Reunion (think only now a Mac application), made by Leister (US) but clearly no longer made or supported. Does anyone know if my data can be transported as a GEDCOM file into new software or whether I have months of manual data entry ahead?!!

Re: Old Software - Europress Family Tree

Posted: 22 Jan 2010 7:11PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2010 1:44AM GMT
I am in exactly the same postion as you in that I have an extensive family history all stored on an old europress program and want to upgrade but worse, want to change change my pc but have lost the original disc. So unless I can find a copy of the orginal prrogramme somewhere or find a compatable program then I am in trouble!

Did you find an answer to your question about a compatable upgarde programme?

Posted: 22 Jan 2010 7:17PM GMT
Stuart,

If you can create a GEDCOM file, then most Genealogy Programs will be able to open those files into that program.

Russ

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 9:48PM GMT
I realise it's 11 months since you posted your query, but I'm in a similar situation in that I've upgraded my computer which has Windows 7 operating system. Unfortunately, this doesn't recognise the old Europress software, so I'm looking to upgrade but don't know how to upload all my old records. The disc I have is dated 1997. Is this what you are looking for?

Posted: 29 Nov 2010 1:19PM GMT
Thanks for the contact - I did found a disc in the end (on ebay - after months of looking)- but thanks.

If you do find any easy way of transferring the data to anothet/upgrade software I would be really grateful if you would let me know.

Thanks again
Stuart

Posted: 4 Dec 2010 9:18PM GMT
Hi

Do you have the Europress Family Tree disc, or a copy? As i have recently upgraded my computer and have lost the program disc but still have information stored on my computer.

If you still have it, could you let me know.

Thanks

Posted: 8 Dec 2010 8:28PM GMT
Hi Azleee,
If you let me have your address, I'll get it in the post to you.
Cheers,
Paul

Posted: 2 Jan 2011 5:18AM GMT
For those who are interested, I did subsequently contact Leister in the US who very kindly, and quickly, converted all my old files to Reunion 9, the latest version of Europress Family Tree. I was subsequently able to import all my old data (without any detectable errors) into the latest version of Legacy. (Reunion 9 only runs on Mac0

Posted: 5 Nov 2011 3:50PM GMT
I still use Europress, but I have lost all the instructions that came with it. I am in the process of uploading some of the trees to Ancestry and I then want to delete them from Europress, but I can't remember how to do it. Can anyone help?
Joan Simpson

Posted: 18 Jan 2012 3:05PM GMT
I have exactly the same problem shed loads of info going back to 1500 but have recently upgraded and have Windows 7. What a downer. As I really don't fancy typing all that info in again any suggestions would be greatfully recieved.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic