Search for content in message boards

John Warren family of New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan

John Warren family of New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan

Posted: 19 Jan 2001 11:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Oct 2002 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: warren, farnsworth, ranier, kester, sly
Seeking information on descendants of John Warren/Susannah Farnsworth of New Jersey. Son Samuel Warren marr. Sarah Ranier and had son Thomas, b. 1802, Little Egg Harbor, N.J. who marr. Martha L. Kester and removed to Huron Co., Ohio. They had a son Richard K. Warren who marr. Philena Sly. They lived in Huron Co., Ohio, Wisconsin, and later Ingham Co., Michigan. Would like to hear from anyone researching these families and their descendants. Contact me at ginman9@home.com Thanks.

Re: John Warren family of New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan - Saxon E. Warren b. 1810 in NJ

Posted: 11 Feb 2001 5:23PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2006 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: warren
I am researching a Saxon E. Warren b. 1810 in NJ. I believe his father may be a Samuel Warren who moved to Phila. Pa by 1830. I would be interested in the resources you used for NJ research.

Re: John Warren family of New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan - Joshua Warren of Little Egg Harbor, N.J.

Connie Morgan (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2001 12:22AM GMT
I have a gggggrandfather from Nj named Joshua Warren of Little Egg Harbor, N.J.. He had a son John who was a plaster. John had a son Zenos Conger Warren born in N.J. This family traveled to Michigan where Zenos is buried. Some Warrens stayed there while others traveled with the pioneers to Utah.Contact me at connieml2@aol.com

Re: John Warren family of New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan - Rev. John Warren

Posted: 31 Aug 2001 4:27PM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2001 2:22PM GMT
Surnames: warren, jenkins, farrell
I have Rev.John Warren in my family tree.. he married Nancy Jenkins,daughter of Zephaniah Jenkins and Sarah Mc Farrell.....what are you trying to find out about the Warren family? I may be able to help.. I have alot of info on the Warren's... Please email me direct at : rdwilkens@telpage.net

Re: John Warren family of New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan - Rev. John Warren - Zephaniah Jenkins

Posted: 6 Feb 2002 6:43AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2002 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Jenkins, Warren
Dianna:

Can you tell why Zephaniah Jenkins came from North Bridgewaite, Plymouth, Massachusetts to the Pine Barrens of Washington Township, Burlington County, New Jersey? I am curious!

My wife is the 6th great granddaughter of Zephaniah Jenkins.

E-mail: skinflint7@worldnet.att.net

Thank you,

Joe Schiavo

Re: John Warren family of New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan - Joshua Warren b. bet. 1770-1780

Theressa (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2003 11:51AM GMT
Surnames: warren, headley, cranmer, ridgway, conklin, corlies, wiseman, corlis, neff, price
I certainly hope this is the same family. I do not know if there were other children. Nor do I have this Joshua's parents or siblings.

Descendants of Joshua Warren
1 Joshua Warren, b: Bet. 1770 - 1780, d: Bef. 24 Jan 1843?, Note: He is listed 1830 US Cen. Stafford Twp., Monmouth Co. (This part of Monmouth became Ocean Co. in 1850), NJ.+ Sarah Headley b: 1783 d: 09 Jul 1860 Warren Place, Stafford, Twp., Ocean Co., NJ. She was the d/o Joseph and Elizabeth (Cranmer) Headley.
.2 Charlotte Warren b: 13 May 1808 d: 24 Oct 1889
.....+Lawrence Ridgway m: 16 Nov 1826 Burial: Masonic Cem. Barnegat, then in Monmouth Co., Now Ocean. NJ
.2 Mary Warren b: 1812 ?, ......+Silas Conklin b: 1810
.2 Lucretia Warren b: 1813.....+Reuben Corlies b: 1810 Cedar Grove, Monmouth Co., NJ (Which later became Warren Grove in Ocean Co., NJ) d: 12 Nov 1901 Warren Grove, Ocean Co., NJ Burial: Reevestown Cem. Warren Grove, Ocean Co., NJ
.2 Amy Warren b: Bet. 1814 - 1817 .....+John A. [Alfred?] Wiseman b: Bet. 1803 - 1810 m: Abt. 1835
.2 Elizabeth"Eliza" Warren, b: 04 Dec 1821, d: 06 Jun 1897.....+Job M. Corlis, b: 03 Jan 1818 ?, Note: in 1850 lived in Stafford Twp. d: 11 Aug 1892.

Cedar Grove, Warren Place are other names for what is today Warren Grove.

Little Egg Harbor, Union, Barnegat, Stafford in Ocean Co.& Bass River Twp. in Burlington Co. and perhaps other townships in both Co's. have a part of the area known as Warren Grove within their bounds.

I found a hand written land description with the following info info in it:
From the desk of
"Tuckerton Railroad Co., Theophilus P. Price, Valuation Engineer, Tuckerton, NJ":
"Description of residue of land to be conveyed by Heirs of JOB CORLIS to M. Gibbons Neff, Jr. Partly surveyed and partly calculated for correct bearings & distance by T. P. Price. Sept. 1927"

" All of the tract of woodland situated in the township of Stafford in the County of Ocean & state of N Jersey, located on both sides of Dry Branch and Pancoast Road opposite the dwelling house of HARVEY & ELLIS CORLIS & bounded as follows"
(As the information is being used for genealogy land meets and bounds have been left out.)

"Wh tract of land is a residue or remnant of the estate of JOSHUA WARREN, decd. & JOB M. CORLIS, deceased, the wife of sd Corlis, being before marriage ELIZA WARREN, daughter of said JOSHUA WARREN, in whom much of her father's estate became vested by heirship and purchase from other heirs."
Names are not capitalized in the Orig.
Theressa
tmhg@att.net

Re: John Warren family of New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan - Rev. John Warren

Posted: 29 Aug 2003 7:46PM GMT
I need to know the direct live back to ancestors from your Rev John Warren. My direct line is Connie Warren(me), Velton Willard Warren, Aarus Elmer Warren, Amos Benoni Warren, Amos Sweet Warren, Zenos Conger Warren. John Warren, Joshua Warren,,, Where do you tie in? Connie Morgan at conniemorgan41@msn.com

Re: John Warren family of New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan - Rev. John Warren - Zephaniah Jenkins

Posted: 29 Aug 2003 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: warren, jenkins
Joe ,, I do not know all the information about Zephaniah Jenkins but I do have a brother who knows more... Keep in contact with me through conniemorgan41@msn.com and I will see what I can find out... However in most family histories different families travel places together... We believe our family of Warrens came from New York and maybe Mass. and went into New Jersey.. Zenos Conger Warren was born in Little Egg Harbour ... His father was John and grandfather Joshua. Zenos had a son John. We did not know of Pine Barrens .. Where does your line go to....ancestors are,,, From me My grandfather was Aarus Elmer Warren of Idaho, Amos Benoni Warren of Utah, Amos Sweet Warren, Utah, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Zenos Conger Warren, New Jersey , John Warren and Joshua Warren Connie

Posted: 9 Jul 2006 12:01PM GMT
Surnames: warren, jenkins, mcfarrell
Connie:

My wife is the 6th great granddaughter of Zephaniah Jenkins and Sarah McFarrell. Since Mary Jenkins, their daughter, married John Warren, all of their children are cousins to my wife. There are many Jenkins and Warrens that live in and around Ocean County, NJ. In fact, there is a small town called Warren Grove, NJ in Ocean County, NJ. That part of the state of New Jersey that these people live in is called the New Jersey Pine Barrens or simply the "Pine Barrens".

My wife descends from Zephaniah Jenkins to his daughter Hannah Jenkins who married my wife's 5th great grandfather, Charles Adams of Washington Township, Burlington County, NJ.

Posted: 9 Jul 2006 12:06PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic