Search for content in message boards

Nellie O'Connor

Nellie O'Connor

Posted: 26 Aug 2011 4:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Connor
I am looking for information on Nellie O'Connor who was born around 1890 in County Cork, Ireland. At some point she came to the United States and married Wladslove Popielarczyk (also known as Walter and William). I belileve she died in 1954 in Hartford, Connecticut. I would love to find a marriage date, an exact date of birth and an immigration date as well as her mother and father's name.

Re: Nellie O'Connor

Posted: 27 Aug 2011 7:30PM GMT
Hi,

United States Census 1910 Hartford Ward 8,Connecticut.

Wladslove Popielarczyk b 1886 Russia
Nellie ************ b 1890 Connecticut
William ********** b 1909 Connecticut
Joseph ********** b 1910 Connecticut

Nellie's parents described as being born in Ireland also gives date of immigration for Wladslove as 1892 .

1920 U.S Census for Hartford Ward 10 Connecticut.

William Popielarczyk b 1886 Poland
Nellie *********** b 1890 Connecticut
Parents Birthplace Ireland.
William Popielarczyk b 1908 Connecticut
Joseph P*********** b 1910 Connecticut
Helen P*********** b 1912 Connecticut
Irene P*********** b 1917 Connecticut
Josephine P********* b 1919/20 Connecticut

1930's Census says Nellies parents are from the Irish Free State.

Not sure if this is your Wladslove(William)and Nellie--do the childrens names seem familiar.

Diane

Posted: 28 Aug 2011 3:18AM GMT
Diane,

Thank you for the census information. That is the correct family members I believe.

I am still looking for a marriage record, her year of immigration to the US and her parents names.

Posted: 29 Aug 2011 10:21PM GMT
found this one,may not be yours.

birth. nellie o connor 13-8-1892 new haven connecticut
parents. jeremiah o connor & johanna o connell.

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 2:42PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2011 2:47PM GMT
Hi MVaughanDemers,

if these people in the census's are your family they state that Nellie was born in Connecticut and not Ireland.If you can get hold of Nellie's aand Wladslove marriage certificate this will give you both sets of parents names,you can then start searching back.Are you able to access US Birth/Marriage/Deaths,if you are I would be looking for a marriage around about 1907 as it lookslike their first child was born about 1908.

Hope this helps.
Diane

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 11:31PM GMT
Diane,

Thank you. One of the census records I found has Ireland as the birthplace and the other has Ireland, so I am not sure which to believe. Josephine, Nelli's daughter always said her mom was born in Ireland.

I am trying to find a marriage certifcate but have not found one yet.

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 11:34PM GMT
Mary

Thanks I am not sure if this is my Nellie or not but I am fairly certain her parents whoever they may be were never in the States, but worth checking anyway.

Posted: 3 Sep 2011 6:17PM GMT
Hi,

the only thing I can think of is to put a post on the US Boards on this site,to see if anyone can help you find a marriage for Nellie and Wladslove.

Best of luck.
Diane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions