Search for content in message boards

Paval (Paul) Pawluk

Paval (Paul) Pawluk

Posted: 11 Feb 2010 12:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pawluk,
I am researching my Great Grandfather Paval(Paul)Pawluk who was born somewhere in Austria,approx 1888.He came to Canada Apr.17.1911 aboard the Volturno, from Rotterdam,Netherlands.He arrived Halifax,Nova Scotia.His Destination was Edmonton Alberta, was coming to a brother(?)have never figured out who the brother was.He married Kaska Motkowsky.I know what became of him, I am searching for information on him before he came to Canada.I am attempting to get the marriage information but thats like pulling teeth!

Re: Paval (Paul) Pawluk

Posted: 12 Feb 2010 3:24AM GMT
found this under 1916 census of man., sask., & alberta

Name: Paul Pawluk
Marital Status: Married
Est. Birth Year: 1888
Birthplace: Austria
Year of Immigration: 1911
Home in 1916: 20, Victoria, Alberta
Address: Station House, Bruce
racial_or_tribal_origin: Polish
Relation to Head of Household: Self
Household Members:
Name Age
Paul Pawluk 28
Kaska Pawluk 16
Joe Gohner 23

kaska was wife & joe a boarder

Posted: 12 Feb 2010 11:15AM GMT
Thank you, but as I said I know what happened to him after his arrival in Alberta. It is prior to coming here I am interested in.Have A Great Weekend. Tracy

Posted: 12 Feb 2010 3:52PM GMT
The Master Surname Index (not online) (mostly burials in Alberta cemeteries) of the Alberta Genealogical Society lists these names;

Paul PAWLUK, 1890 - 16 Jan 1925 and
Katie PAWLUK, 1900 - 29 Mar 1924
buried next to each other in the St John Baptist RC (Polska) cemetery neat Holden.

For further research please contact the Research Committee of the Edmonton Branch.
http://abgensoc.ca/

The Edmonton Branch
http://www.agsedm.edmonton.ab.ca/

Peter

Posted: 14 Feb 2010 4:00AM GMT
Surnames: PAWLUK,MOTKOWSKY
Hi, When did your grandfather Pavel/Paul PAWLUK - pass away?

His Registration of death - though not always absolute since it depends on information gathered from others -
may show - the actual place of birth - names of parents - place of birth of parents - His occupation -etc.

Pavel /Paul PAWLUK - may have applied for Naturalization - This has personal information - date and place of birth - names of parents etc - also name of passenger ship etc - which you already know.

Was your Ggrandfather - married when he arrived in Canada - or did he marry Kaska MOTKOWSKY - in Canada - In Alberta?

Have you searched the 1911 ,1916 Census?
you may be lucky and find the name of the brother.

from the Alberta GenWeb Local History Book site
There are many other PAWLUK - names listed.There are persons who own - or have access to the books - Request a lookup - your Ggrandfather may be mentioned in some of the family stories - perhaps with the information you may be searching for.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~canab/lookups.html
PAWLUK, Paul; Memories of Mundare; Lamont
PAWLUK, Paul & Catherine; Hemstitches And Hackamores; Beaver
PAWLUK, Paul & Helen; By River and Trail; Smoky Lake
Cheers,Stella

Posted: 8 Mar 2010 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: Pawluk
I just started to research my grandfather, Thomas Pawluk and came across your post. Thomas is the name he ended up with but it was really Tomas, Thom, or Timko, I'm not sure. He had 6 or 7 brothers and came with some of them, initially, to Winnipeg. He left them there, went back to Galacia, and returned to the U.S. and lived in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. We never knew what happened to the brothers and I don't know what any of their first names were. He was born in 1880 and would have come over around 1900-1903ish. If you want to discuss further please email me at melody531@comcast.net.
Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions