Search for content in message boards

Adams, Mills, Manning, Proctor, Smith, Snell families 1870's

Adams, Mills, Manning, Proctor, Smith, Snell families 1870's

Gayle Roark (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2003 9:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Adams, Mills, Manning, Proctor, Smith, Snell, Holley
Seeking info re Adams family in Hempstead in 1870's. Daughters: Harriet Eugenia m. Samuel D. Mills; Anna m. Geo. Proctor; Francis A. m. L.C. Snell; Charlotte Victoria (Lottie) m. Robert. T. Bonner. Son Robert m. Minnie E. Holley.

Re: Adams, Mills, Manning, Proctor, Smith, Snell families 1870's

Posted: 17 Feb 2003 12:23AM GMT
Edited: 25 Dec 2003 12:20AM GMT
Harriett Eugenia married John Boling Manning, 12 March 1879, in Hempstead, TX. There was a son (stepson??) Watson. She died 1917 in Bay City, TX. Watson died 1980 in Beaumont, TX. John Boling was my gggf. Hope this adds to your info.

Gayle Roark (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2003 7:02PM GMT
Thank you. Harriet Eugenia (Adams) Manning was my ggm sister. Did not know of previous marriage.

Rick Manning (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2003 9:39PM GMT
Your welcome Gayle, I have the Manning side back many gens. if you are interested. I spoke with Watson Manning's gdau. several years ago and she thought he was adopted. Do you have any history on John and Harriett?

Gayle Roark (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2003 1:58AM GMT
I am interested in all clues to forward my search for accurate family history. Thank you, Rick. My only info re Harriett Eugenia (Adams) Manning are letters written by my ggf to his wife, Charlotte Victoria (Lottie Adams) Bonner while she visited her sister, Mrs. J. D. Adams, in Hempstead arround 1884. Following these clues I found the marriage record of Harriett Eugenia Adams and J.D. Manning on the Waller Co.site. I am seeking the names of and any info about parents and other siblings of Lottie and Harriett (who may have been called Jennie). Also, do you have any mention in your data of a female named 'Johnnie' who was married (seeking groom's name) in a double wedding ceremony with my grandparents, Mattie Mae Bonner and Sidney Smith, in Houston Dec.1902. I thought Johnnie was 'Aunt Jennie's' daughter, but she might have been another cousin. I have a picture of the two brides together.

Posted: 23 Feb 2003 11:45PM GMT
Edited: 25 Dec 2003 12:20AM GMT
Sorry Gayle, My info. is very poor on the Manning or extended families between 1887 and 1920. I believe your JD Manning is JB, John Boling. Good hunting.

Gayle Roark (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2003 8:35PM GMT
Thank you, Rick. I'll keep looking. You're probably right about the JB. I haven't looked at the original letters lately.

Perhaps any other links to relatives in Hill, Bosque, Bell or McLennan Counties?

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 1:02AM GMT
What do you have on the SNELL name. I am interested in a Jessee Snell that married J.B. Story, they lived at some time 1930-40 in the Liberty Co., Texas area. Had daughter, Alice Story, sons J.B. Story and E.B. Story. If you find any connection, please contact me at:
jeannine.richards@SBCGlobal.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions