Search for content in message boards

APODACA THOMPSON Los Mochis & El Fuerte Mexico @1890-1915

APODACA THOMPSON Los Mochis & El Fuerte Mexico @1890-1915

Posted: 23 Sep 2004 3:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Nov 2004 12:51PM GMT
Surnames: Apodaca Thompson
Looking for help Information I have has a Paulina APODACA being born in El Fuerte MEXICO @ 1888/1890. Later marrying Alfred THOMPSON and having a few children in Los Mochis MEXICO.

Re: APODACA THOMPSON Los Mochis & El Fuerte Mexico @1890-1915

Posted: 5 Dec 2010 5:56PM GMT
Surnames: Apodaca, Thompson
Hello...
I am trying to find information re: my grandmother Pauline Apodaca-Thompson.
Pauline was born in Madrid, Spain. Their family moved to Mexico City where Pauline's father was a professor from what my mother had been told. Pauline married Alfred Thompson who is my grandfather. He was from Orange, New Jersey. After marrying, they had two children born in Los Moches - Alfred and Pauline (my aunt and uncle). They moved to the U.S. in 1915 I believe, and ended up in Hawthorne, Nevada in 1920 where they had six more daughters (one of which is my mother, Lucille). It would be wonderful if this is the same family! Unfortunately, that is the extent of the information we have. I know your post was back in 2004 but am hoping you'll see this:) Would love to hear from you.

Posted: 9 Dec 2010 1:40PM GMT
I'm doing the resarch form my nieces, Camelia's grandchildren.

Don't have the information in front of me, but I know I have the obituary info from Hawthorne,also have Alfred's.

Will try to find it and get it to you

Posted: 10 Dec 2010 1:07PM GMT
THOPSON, Alfred
(Nevada State Journal; December 10, 1953)
Taken by Death
HAWTHORNE, Dec 9. (Special) Alfred M. Thompson, a resident of Mineral County for more than 35 years, died Sunday morning at the local hospital where he had been a patient for more than two months.
Mr. Thompson, who was 81 years of age had been in failing health for several years and bad been seriously ill for several months.
Funeral services were held in Hawthorne Wednesday morning at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church where a requiem mass was celebrated by Father Hugh Smith. Burial was In the Hawthorne cemetery beside Mrs. Thompson, who died in 1944.
Born in Orange, NJ, in 1872, Mr. Thompson traveled extensively as a young man and lived in various parts of South America and Central America end it was in Sinalos, Mexico, that he married Pauline Apodoca in 1912.
A son and daughter were born to the couple before they moved to Mineral County in 1916 and six more daughters were born during the family's long residence in this county.
First home of the family in Mineral county was at Boris, a mining camp that no longer exists, near Luning and later at Calavada, Sodaville and Luning, before moving to Hawthorne in 1919. Mr. Thompson worked at several of the then booming mines as an electrician and continued to work at that trade after moving to Hawthorne. He served for several years as superintendent of the Mineral county power system.
Active in civic affairs in his younger years he served several terms as a member of the county board of education and also as a member of the board of trustees of Mineral County Hospital when a separate board governed the affairs of that Institution.
Surviving Mr. Thompson are his son, Alfred Thompson, of Compton, Calif.; seven daughters, Mrs Jack McCloskey, Mrs Mel Lanning, Mrs Mike Kalember, of Hawthorn; Mrs. Frank Simoni and Mrs Howard Smith, of Babbitt; Mrs Earl Jamison of Salt Lake City, Utah; and Mrs A. F. Moczydlowski of Yonkers, NY; also thirteen grandchildren.
>
THOMPSON, Pualina
(Reno Evening Gazette; September 19, 1944)
LAST RITES HELD
Funeral services were held Saturday morning from the Catholic church in Hawthorne for Mrs Pauline Thompson, who died Thursday at a local hospital, following a lengthy illness. The Rev. Gerard Fanning officiated at the rites and burial was in the Hawthorne cemetery. The O'Brien-Rogers company was in charge of arrangements.

(Reno Evening Gazette; September 16, 1944)
Hawthorne Matron Dies Thursday
Mrs Pauline Thompson of Hawthorne, died Thursday at a local hospital following a lengthy illness. A native of Spain, she was 54 years old.
Mr and Mrs Thompson have resided in Hawthorne for a number of years, where Mrs Thompson was a member of the Catholic Altar society.
Survivors include her husband. Alfred Thompson of Hawthorne, and the following children: Alfred Thompson, Jr., of South Gate, Calif. Mrs Pauline McCloskey, Mrs Eola Lanning, Mrs Ellen Jameson, Mrs Alice Kalember, Camelia, Louise and Lucile Thompson, all of Hawthorne.
The body was accompanied to Hawthorne and recitation of the rosary was held Friday night at eight o'clock at the Catholic church.
Funeral services were held this morning at the Catholic church, with the Rev. Gerard Fanning as the celebrant. Burial was in the Hawthorne cemetery. The O'Brien-Rogers company of Reno was in charge of arrangements.

(Nevada State Journal; September 15, 1944)
THOMPSON-In Reno, September 14, 1944. Pauline Thompson, wife of Alfred Thompson of Hawthorne, Nev.; mother of Alfred Thompson of South Gate, Calif.; Mrs Pauline McCloskey, Mrs Eola Lanning, Mrs Ellen Jameson, Mrs Alicia Kalember, Miss Camelia Thompson, Miss Louise Thompson Miss Lucile Thompson, all of Hawthorne. A native of Spain, age 54 years, 2 months, 15 days.
The body will be accompanied to Hawthorne Friday where recitation of the rosary will be held tonight at 8 at the Catholic church.
Friends are invited to attend funeral services Saturday morning at 10 o’clock at the Catholic church in Hawthorne. Rev Father Fanning, celebrant. Internment in Hawthorne cemetery. O’Brien-Rogers Company in charge of arrangements.

Also found information of them leaving Topolobampo (spelling?) Mexico on the SS Grace Dollar on July 28, 1915 and arriving in San Francisco August 10, 1915

Posted: 11 Dec 2010 4:17AM GMT
Thank you so much! My mom was thrilled to get that information - she doesn't remember ever seeing either of the obituaries but its been over 50 years...I will also send the information on to my aunt.

I'm guessing you're Chris's sister-in-law. You'll never know how much this information is appreciated - its been hard finding anything from their past. I did come across the Census from 1920 and 1930.

Hope this finds you well!

Cydney

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 7:40PM GMT
I'm Chris's brother-in-law. You can contact me directly at

familytreeny@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions