John Logan

Don Carter (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 1999 8:33PM GMT
John Logan B Ca 1690 D 1757 Cumberland Co Pa
Does anyone know his father

PA Logans - Alexander Logan b 1720

Joan Tell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 1999 8:11AM GMT
Need the SIBLINGS, FATHER AND IMMAGRATION of ALEXANDER LOGAN. Born in 1720 Scotland. Died July 20, 1763) Married Mary Mc Cord
Eight Children:
John, George, William, Samuel, David, Anthony, Margaret, James

Reocrds indicate a DIRECT family to the Alexander Logan 1590 - his children : William, James, Patrick (father of James Logan Secretary of Wm Penn), Elizabeth Logan married William Drummond

Excellent sorce for Logan History - Americans of Royal Descent, Vol 27

PA Logans

Posted: 29 Dec 1999 8:05PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2003 2:55AM GMT
Do you have anything on more recent PA Logans. I have Elmer W.Logan, b. 1864 in Gordan PA. Looking to go back, Elmers Father might have been Jeremiah as he was older and from the same area. Elmer later named one son Jeremiah. Elmer married Elizabeth Wilson and moved to NJ. Any Info appreciated.

Alexander Logan

Don Carter (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 1999 3:11AM GMT
He and his oldest son John killed by Indians 3 Jul 1763.Children you have are correct.His father is John Logan D 1757 Cumberland Co.Pa.Children James,David,Alexander,Margaret,Mary,Elenor,Martha,Iounna,William(Alexander named in Will)

Three Logan Brothers land at Philadelphia 1738

J Tell (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 1999 8:17AM GMT
From a reference of W.H. Clemens, Logan Family Records, Alexander, William and a third unknown brother landed at Philadephia in 1738. He indicates at least two of the three , Alexander William moved inland to the end of the Cumberland Trail, Carlisle.

Another account names Alexander by name while referencing the three brothers arrival in 1738. Further it is noted they were indeed cousins of Jame Logan, secretary to Wm. Penn.
Clemens also has record of Alexander being a son of William. Authorization to survey a tract of land was given to William Feb. 24th, 1763. Apparently William granted a parcel to his son, Alexander by a will dated 12 July, 1768. The possibility of William being the father to Alexander seems strong in light of these records.

I would like to establish the generation of Alexander,William and possibly the John you make reference to. Could John be the unnamed brother arriving in 1738? It seems likely the brother would continue together to Carlisle, Cumberland Co. What do you think?

I'm very happy to have a link to the "Ancient Logans"(of Scotland) as I have named them to keep the files, names etc straight! Alexander appears to be a very popular name and our Alexanders may be cousins???or the same person??

Something to think about in the new century!

Alexander Logan

Posted: 7 Jan 2000 4:31PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2001 5:51PM GMT
I have 3 wills John of 1757...He names Alexander and William as sons
Alexanders will of 1762...He was killed by Indians 3 Jul 1763
Williams will 1768...He names a son Alexander
Hope this is of some help
Don

John Logan

Posted: 7 Jan 2000 4:43PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2001 5:51PM GMT
One more thing I know others have chosen otherwise which I am always willing to listen to any evidence.However I have strong evidence that suggest that this John Logan from Cumberland Co.Pa.is the father of David Mar. in Pa.before 1740 and moved to Va. and is the father of the famous Ky.Pioneer Gen.Ben Logan

John Logan

Posted: 9 Jan 2000 7:52AM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2001 12:53AM GMT
Hi again, Don,
I have our John Logan, the white one, dated at 1710 for birth and 1757 for death. Do you have records on either of these leading you to think it was earlier?
Thanks,
Annie

William Logan

Posted: 9 Jan 2000 7:59AM GMT
Hi Don, I keep having more questions to ask. I should have read ALL the posts first, I guess. William's daughter, Elizabeth married into my husbands direct line, to Joel Buffington. We have no hard documentation. Would you be willing to share copies of the wills? or perhaps anything else that would be pertinant, or tell me where to find them? I'd be willing to cover any costs of course.It would be a wonderful surprise for Randy.

Sincerely,
Annie

Mary Smith/William Logan

Posted: 9 Jan 2000 8:04AM GMT
Don,I have in our records that William Logan was married to a Mary Smith, but have found no more information on her.Do you know if anyone has a family tree that shows siblings, and more information on all these Logans?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic