Search for content in message boards

Orphanage in Bristol UK

Orphanage in Bristol UK

Posted: 18 Mar 2000 3:13PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 11:07AM GMT
If your ancestor was orphaned in the 19th early 20th Century and you believe they were placed in an Orphanage in Bristol UK e-mail me for an address that may be of interest to you. From Janet

Suzanne (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2000 8:15AM GMT
What is your e-mail ?
I am researching Bessent and variants and know there were some in Bristol have you found any ? sdwoolner@hotmail.com

Bristol research

Posted: 9 Apr 2000 6:51AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 11:07AM GMT
My only research in Bristol is regarding the Orphanage there in the 19th and early 20th Centuries. My family names are Knott and Davis.
Janet

Re: Orphanage in Bristol UK

Posted: 30 Mar 2002 11:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Janet, I am also interested in care homes around late 1800s to early 1900s. I would be grateful if you could advise me on how to get information about these in general. I am particularly interested in Broomhayes, Devon. Also Agatha Stacey Homes in Birmingham. Cant find any info on them. thanks gillcarp@yahoo.co.uk

Janet (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2002 9:35AM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2009 9:04PM GMT
Hello Gillian
I only know about the Orphanage where my grandmother was placed in 1887 - The George Muller Orphan Houses in Bristol. I have no information about Orphanages in general. Have you tried a google search? Just look at the site google.co.uk and put an appropriate phrase in the search box and see what comes up. You may be lucky enough to find something on the net!
Janet

Posted: 14 Feb 2003 12:26PM GMT
I believe that my uncle Frederick Walter Enness was placed in Ashley Downs Orphanage, Bristol. Better know as Muller Homes. He was in there around 1919+. Can you help me to find info on him? email rjpike11@hotmail.com

Posted: 16 Apr 2004 5:56PM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2009 9:04PM GMT
Hi Janet:
There's a remote possibility that my husband's father may have been in an orphanage for part of his early life, it would have been sometime in the period 1908 and 1925. I would appreciate you sending the address you have so that we can make enquiries. Please send it to us, Mike and Bev Bryant at mbbryants@aol.com.
Thanks !

Janet (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2004 6:00PM GMT
The address is
The George Muller Foundation
Muller House
7 Cotham Park
BRISTOL
BS6 6D

or you can email
admin@mullers.org

Best wishes
Janet

Janet (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2004 8:53PM GMT
http/www.mullers.org

The George Muller Orphanage have a web site, if the above address does not work, get back to me and I will look it up again for you. They do not have any information about other Orphanages, though.

Best wishes
Janet

Posted: 5 Jun 2011 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: whitworth
Hi - looking for Sarah Whitworth who was placed in a Bristol Orphanage as a baby around 1814-16.

Thanks

Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic