Search for content in message boards

Hall family, Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky and Indiana

Hall family, Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky and Indiana

Posted: 31 Jul 2001 7:14PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: Hall
I have the following line of Halls in my line.. I am looking for any further information on them or will share what i have.

3. THOMAS3 HALL, SR. (JOHN2, THOMAS T.1) was born 1702 in Jonathon Creek, Lunenburg County, Virginia, and died Bef. May 10, 1794 in Bedford, Virginia. He married MARTHA Abt. 1719 in Halifax County, Virginia. She was born 1702 in Halifax County, Virginia, and died Bef. May 10, 1794 in Bedford, Virginia.

Children of THOMAS HALL and MARTHA are:
i. WILLIAM4 HALL, b. 1722, Halifax County, Virginia.
4. ii. JOHN HALL, SR., b. 1729, Halifax County, Virginia.
iii. SAMUAL HALL, b. August 30, 1723, Halifax County, Virginia.
iv. THOMAS HALL, b. 1724, Halifax County, Virginia.
v. LANSFORD HALL, b. 1735.
vi. JESSE HALL, b. 1748.
vii. ISHAM HALL, b. 1749, Halifax County, Virginia; m. MARY MULINS, Abt. 1766, Virginia; b. 1746, Virginia.

you can email me at cejae42@yahoo.com

Re: Hall family, Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky and Indiana

Posted: 2 Aug 2001 3:56PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2003 10:04PM GMT
My John Hall was listed as buying land in 1797 in Halifax Co. I would like to know where he was before that. He died in Halifax,Co. ca. 1821. I can only guess his age. The oldest child I have listed was born in 1782.I have all the information since coming to Halifax Co. but none before. Would like to exchange info.
Jeepy
Louisville,Ky.

Posted: 2 Aug 2001 10:01PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 10:16PM GMT
your info doesnt exactly fit with what i have but its close.. if you would email me at cejae42@yahoo.com i will send you the file i have on them ,, it is 12 generations from 1650 to present, you could look it over and see if it fits with yours .. they seemed to came from Scotland, North Carolina, Virginia and Back to North Carolina, Kentucky and Indiana. the earliest person i have is Thomas T Hall b: 1650 . its a Ged file and pretty easy to read. let me know and i will forward it to you. thanks Carla

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 7:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Dec 2001 5:40PM GMT
Surnames: Hall Dinning Sadler Taylor Black and ?
Hi I have a Robert Hall born in 1808 in Simpson County Ky also known as I believe Logan Warren and Allen County in Ky. Anyway this Robert Hall married a Melinda Dinning in Simpson County. According to Simpson County Historical Robert Hall's parents came from North Carolina. Family has said that, and also Virginia. I can find no names for Roberts parents and of course no dates. By chance do you have this line. I have Robert down to present time. Thanks! Kay

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 8:22PM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2002 2:25AM GMT
Im sorry i dont find him. however i do have quiet a bit of missing info from early on .. my Halls were from Wilkes Co, NC and several counties in Va. mainley Pittsylvania Co and Halifax Co. so you might want to check those out. there were alot of Halls in those areas.

Grace Upshaw (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2002 3:33AM GMT
Surnames: Hall, Irby, Bruce, Adams, Powell, Martin, George, Roberts, Hurt
Were your Halls living in Lunenberg until 1755? Halifax was not formed until that time, so most of the children of Thomas 3 that you named could not have been born in Halifax co., Va.

I am searching for a clue to the early life of Benjamin Hall who arrived in Halifax circa 1765 and died there in 1803. He probably was a son of a John Hall who died circa 1778.

CARLA (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2002 3:46AM GMT
The children of Thomas who were legally born in Lunenberg county lived as adults in what was known as Halifax county. same place, same area just different name. i was aware of the county split.
i believe the county of Halifax was formed in 1752. my ancestor John Hall was a surveyor and helped lay out the county.
I dont have any information on a Benjamin Hall but i have several blanks that far back.

Grace Upshaw (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2002 2:55PM GMT
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am glad to know that John Hall of Lunenberg who was the surveyor is your family and probably not related to my Benjamin ( my brick wall for 25 years). Thanks for sharing that information. Please keep a sharp eye for any Benjamin Hall you see and let me know. Grace Hall Upshaw

Posted: 6 Jun 2004 5:07AM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2005 9:25PM GMT
I have a James Hall born 1766 in North Carolina. He had a son named Elisha Hall born 1799 also in North Carolina. He had a son named James Hall born 1825 in Davidson county Tennessee. Do you know any one?

Carla (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2004 12:26PM GMT
I have an Elisha Hall born 1799 but his father was Samuel Hall. thats about as close as i have, I have several Eliasha Halls but non born the same time. Sorry, I do feel like they are probably of the same common ancestor though because of the locations. Take Care, Carla
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions