Search for content in message boards

Oathout, George

Oathout, George

Posted: 17 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Feb 2003 1:35AM GMT
Surnames: Oathout, Sherwood
Looking for info on George A. Oathout (1828- Aug 1893) buried in Albany Rural Cem. Married to Charlotte Sherwood (Dec 1841- Jan 14, 1928) - married Gilbert Van Wie after Oathout's death. Lived in Albany co. and Watervliet, some of the children where born in Colonie. Need birth records, marriage - any info on Charlotte.

Oathout

Nancy Oathout Carisp (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Oathout, Oothout
Hi I am married to David Henry Oathout born in Albany NY. He had a brother that died at a young age. His name was George Oathout. Their mothers name was Ada Pearl Oathout. She was brought up in the Heldebergs. Are you any relation?
Posted: 3 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
George A Oathout (1828- 1893) married Charlotte Sherwood. They had Margaret, Emma, Alice, Walter Sabin, Chester Nelson and Warren Francis. All in the Albany surrounding area.

Walter in turn had Walter Jr. Chester had a daughter named Marrion. Warrren Francis was born 1880 and had Jean, Elizabeth, Warren Jr- 1911 and Milton in 1913. If any of these look familiar, we may have a match

Van Amburgh

Fay (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Van Emburgh, Van Imbroech
Being a former North Albanian I decided to go to the source for information on the Van Amburghs. I am searching for any info I can get on Wesley and Adonah Van Emburgh or Van Amburgh. Wesley b. 1798 and died 5-20-1886 in Coeymans NY. Adonah is Wesleys father. Adonah's wifes name was Elizabeth______? I would like Elizabeths maiden name and Adonahs parents or any other relating links. Thanks for your help.

Re: Oathout

Leslie "Oathout" Waters (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2001 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Oathout
Nancy,

I'm the daughter of Leland George Oathout. His father was Floyd Sweet Oathout who had a brother or uncle named George Oathout who I believe died at an early age. Floyd's mother was Pearl Sweet Oathout. Floyd's father was Emmet Oathout. They lived somewhere near Gloversville, NY.

Are we related?

Leslie

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 8:30PM GMT
I bet we are. All the Oathouts seem to come from the Oothoudts - who helped to pioneer the Albany/ Upstate NY area. There is a 3 volume book about the Oothoudts but I've only been able to get the interlibrary loan on Volume 3.

What are the birth and death dates on your family? We may be cousins of cousins but if we can put together the pieces, I bet we can get a puzzled solved.

sandy (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2002 6:26PM GMT
I am the daughter of william Oathout. he was born in 1931. We were raised in the albany area.
Posted: 15 May 2006 6:21PM GMT
I am doing research for a friend of mine. The Floyd Oathout mentioned, do you know if he had a son named James?
Posted: 22 Jun 2010 3:48PM GMT
Sorry, there wasn't any children named James for the Floyd Oathout I was talking about. His sons were Leland, Edwin, and Floyd
Posted: 22 Jun 2010 4:13PM GMT
I'm sorry its been so long since I've been in this site.....if you contact me at leslie.waters4@gmail.com and I'll give you everything I've got on the Oathouts. There's a bunch of us so I don't want to take the space here.

I also find it interesting that you're LeslieJean and my middle name is also Jean....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic