Search for content in message boards

Jemima FREEMAN of NC

Jemima FREEMAN of NC

S Jones (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 5:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jul 2001 3:11AM GMT
Are there any out there related to Allen & Barbara FREEMAN of NC, 1800's. Dau Jemima married William H. SHELBY and removed to TN where she died. Would like to communicate with this branch of FREEMAN clan. Thanks,

Freeman's of nc

Norma Flanagan (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 10:25AM GMT
I am giving this a shot. My freeman's came from nc and moved into Tennessee. I can give you some names and see if they are your clan. I f you are interested please email me. Norma

Henry Freeman

Posted: 2 Jun 2001 1:38PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 2:49PM GMT
Did your NC Freemans have a Henry? I"ve been searching for him for many months.

Freeman's of NC

Norma (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2001 5:27AM GMT
Norma, let me give you some names, then you can reply.
Allen Freeman b. c1770 m. 2nd Barbara, had 3 more children, one was Jemima Freeman, who married William H. SHELBY c 1817, possibly in TN. They had a son, Reese F. SHELBY who married Mary CAPOOT. Now MY problem is, I cannot prove that William H. is the father of Reese, as R. was b. 1819, and shows as a mark in the 1820, 1830 census, md. 1840 and is disappearred by 1850 leaving a wife and 5 children in McNairy Co TN. This is my objective, however, I would love to fill in the siblings, etc. for Jemima. I love finding FAMILY. Thanks for your reply. Shirley

henry freeman

kent freeman (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2001 6:33AM GMT
what henry are you looking for i have my 3rd G is a henry

Henry Freeman

Posted: 10 Jun 2001 6:37PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 2:49PM GMT
I'm looking for Henry Freeman who made his home in Montgomery County, NC in the early 1800's. He was married to Amy MacLeod. That's about all I know, except that they farmed a large tract of land on both sides of the Little River.

henry freeman

kent freeman (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2001 4:51PM GMT
i have a john D. P. freeman B.NC. 1813 He went K. and had a son henry washington freeman B. 1840 I am looking for john's father mother any help thanks kent

Re: henry freeman

Posted: 26 Nov 2001 12:46AM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2001 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: FREEMAN, TURNER, WALL
You were asking about John D.P. Freeman, father of Henry Washington Freeman. Have you gotten your questions answered?
John D.P. Freeman born 1813 in Robertson Co., TN, died 4 Feb 1906, Carthage, Missouri; on 20 Mar 1838 in Russellville, Logan Co., KY he md. Martha N.M.B. Gorham, born 16 Apr 1813, Logan Co., Kentucky; died 7 Sept 1866, Bethel, Wyandotte Co., KY. Other spouse Mary Brown, md. 13 Jan 1867, Wyandotte, Kansas. His father is Matthew Freeman b. abt. 1779, Wake County, NC. His mother is Matthew's second wife--which I would love to know more about and the rest of this second family, consisting of 5 boys and 5 girls. John D.P. is a half-brother of my g-grandfather, Henry Freeman, who was one of the three children from the first marriage. Matthew (1779) also married a third time and more children in Robertson County, TN; then moved to Illinois. Matthew's parents are Henry Freeman and Massee Wall, Wake Co., NC.
I would like to communicate with researchers who can help fill in the blanks in these three families. My new e-mail is jencobb@glasscity.net

Jennie Hill Gross Cobb

Doris Freeman (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2004 10:39PM GMT
Was your Henry born about 1796? I know that would make his father, Matthew, only about 17 years old, but thought I'd ask anyway. My ggg grandfather is Henry Freeman who married Amy McLeod about 1821. We're trying to figure out who our Henry's parents are (Amy's also).

sue (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2004 1:57AM GMT
Sounds as if its the same Henry Freeman...in my records I have his birth date and Amy's too around 1798. I've looked for years for both their parents names and histories but to no avail. Do you think his father's name was Matthew? I think he had some brothers, one settled in Virginia and one went "west" which could have been the mountains of NC at that time. Do you know if Amy was born in the US or in Scotland?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic