Search for content in message boards

DAVENPORT

Posted: 30 Dec 2004 10:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DAVENPORT
Want info about my Ggrandfather JAMES ALEXANDER DAVENPORT born 1838 died 1898 (in Kentucky). Married Sarah Elivara Johnson (b.1851 d.1919 ). Their children included Alex, Duke, John, Hollis, Ben, Orivlle Benson (Bub), Viola, Nora, James Thomas (Tom). Thanks.

Re: DAVENPORT

Posted: 3 Sep 2011 5:24AM GMT
I am just now getting back in to my family tree again after a long period off raising my kids. My great great grandfather was James Alexander Davenport. I have him as being born in 1829 and married to Sarah Alvira Johnson born 1855. James Alexander Davenport's father was Alexander C Davenport born 1794 and died 1862.
Duke Davenport was my great grandpa he was married to Ida Mae Rose. Their children were Mabel Ida born 1903,Reva and Eddie. Mabel married Jewel Harris and had 7 children. Jewel Jr, William L, Bonnie,Fred, Ileta,Arvin, Marvin. William L is my father. If I can help let me know. I do not have a membership yet. My email is DeaconMay@gmail.com Beth Harris-Bowden

Re: DAVENPORT

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport, Chapman, Reburn, Hopkins
I descend thru James Reburn Davenport, brother to James Alexander Davenport. I am currently looking for a copy of a book by Henry Davenport Jr. (a descendant in Stephen's line, Adrian's brother) which shows the children of Alexander C Davenport and Eleanor Hopkins. It also shows Alexander as son of Adrian Davenport 1758/9 and Nutty Chapman. This was written or published in the 1950's I believe. Someone from James Alexander's line joined the DAR with info from this book in 2011. I am currently trying also to use this info to show the DAR that the two James's were brothers. I am already a DAR member, but want Adrian Davenport as one of my Patrons, thru his son James Reburn Davenport. My grandmother was Mary Agnes Davenport Bitter of Union Co., KY. This line was what got me into genealogy. Sincerely Sharon Miller Sheridan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic