Search for content in message boards

William Ward, Morgan Co., KY

William Ward, Morgan Co., KY

Posted: 14 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Aug 2001 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Mumbower, Barker
I am looking for info on Mr. William Ward, of Crockett, Morgan Co. Ky.
He and I corresponded in the 80's on the Barker family. If he is still living, I would love to talk with him. If anyone knows anything about him, please let me know.
Thank you
Betty J. Daniel
Columbus, OH

Adkins

Asa W. Earley (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Adkins, Lewis, Furgenson
Jim Furgenson, Do you know a Brenda Adkins who lives in New Carlisle Oh. Her mother is Ethel Brewer. My sister lives near her and they know they are related but don't know how. we are all from Morehead Ky. I live in West Milton OH.
Asa w. Earley

William Ward, Morgan Co

Edited: 29 Aug 2001 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Barker, Mumbower, Zimmerley
Hi Jim,
Thanks for answering me. I corresponded with William many times during 80-85. We were both researching our Barker line. We found that we were cousins. I have offten wondered about him. I knew he was elderly when I talked with him. He wanted to stop and visit him when I was in the area. At the time, My inlaws lived in Johnson Co. and my parents lived in Estill Co. There never seemed to be enough time. As I got back into my research, I would find letters from him. I thought/hoped that someone out there would know him. He seemed to be a fine gentleman. I know how much he loved his genealogy. He send me all kinds of articles on the Barkers and the Mumpowers/Mumbowers. Every time I get something new on these family names, I think of him and wish I was able to send it to him.
Do you know what happened to all of his material? He had a family Bible that he copied for me. I hope someone in his family is continuing on with his project.
I am sad that I never got to meet him. But thru his letters, I feel I knew him. He often wrote of his family as well as his research. Can you give the date of his death?
He send me pictures of his family as well as pictures of our common ancesters.
Please write to me at my email address.
As you are researching Barker also are we related?

Betty J. Daniel
Columbus, OH

Willie Ward

Edited: 30 Mar 2002 11:27AM GMT
Surnames: Adkins, Barker, Ferguson, Hutchinson
Hi Betty,
I kinda believe that Willie Ward (s/o George Harvey Ward and Cora Barker)is walking beyond the stars, as the Indians would say. I will have a firm answer for you within a couple of days so please don't take this as gospel. Willie was the son of my 2g grandfather's (William Lykins Barker)sister. I am curious as to what your connection with the family is.
Thanks,
Jim Ferguson
Fairborn, OH

William Ward

Posted: 18 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2002 11:27AM GMT
Surnames: Adkins, Barker, Ferguson, Hutchinson
Asa,

I'm afraid I don't know either of the people you mentioned. I am curious as to the spelling you have for FERGUSON. I have seen many variations but am not familiar with the way you have it spelled for your surname list or in addressing me in your response. Where are these people from?

Re: Adkins

Bonita Sorters (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 5:47PM GMT
Surnames: Hanes, Adkins, Brewer, Eden, Glover
I went to school in Clearfield, Ky Rowan Co. with a Brenda Brewer/Adkins. Her mother Ethel was a relation to my fathers family "William J. Brewer. Any connection, please email me.
Thanks
Bonnie (Suzie Brewer)

Asa W. Earley (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 10:00PM GMT
I know there is some Brewer's in our family by marrige. I have a cousin who lived in Morehead who is widowed from an Adkins. She is Marie Lewis Adkins, she is deceased about 1 year now.
Posted: 13 Apr 2002 9:52PM GMT
I may be able to help...lost address for your site...

Bonnie Sorters (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2002 5:26PM GMT
Bernice,
You can reach me at 2fords.net
Would love to hear from you,
Suzie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions