Search for content in message boards

parents of William EASTER born abt 1828 possibly Birckia Norfolk

parents of William EASTER born abt 1828 possibly Birckia Norfolk

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 4:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Dec 2012 2:44PM GMT
Hi Is anyone able to help me I am looking for ANY information on a William Easter born abt 1828 possible Birckia Norfolk (not sure where Birckia was located to have an idea what actual area it was in)I believe William was transported to Tasmania Australia about October 1849.
I am trying to work out who is Parents were. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: William Easter' Parents

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 11:45AM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 21 Feb 2014 4:53PM GMT

Re: parents of William EASTER born abt 1828 possibly Birckia Norfolk

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 3:59PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 9 Dec 2012 5:06PM GMT
Hi

The birth location for William EASTER, Birckia how did you find it?

The nearest I have found is William EASTER bpt 7 Jan 1827 Bircham Tofts Norfolk.

Parents John and Sophie nee BOLTIN. They were married 30 Jul 1826 Bircham.

This could easily be a different family but if you havent been able to trace them on 1841 census possibly worth following up.

Good Luck
Su

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 10:02PM GMT
Hi Su, The name Birckia was in a document but the writing was not easy to read because I traced another document from the Tasmanian Archives which gave the location as Bircham whereabouts is this in Norfok, are you able to tell me
Thanks Amanda

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 10:06PM GMT
Hi Paul, Narrowed all the fields down as you said I think possible the William Easter who was aquited on July 1849 is the same as the one who was charged in October 1849 and given 7 years transportation to Van Diemans land, just became stuck on who his parents were plus having trouble reading the location he was born in on one of the records I came across
Thanks for your help Amanda

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: Easter, Bobbin, Parsons
Bircham Tofts is northeast of King's Lynn. You can see the images of the Bircham Tofts January 7, 1827, baptism of William Parsons Easter, son of John (labourer) and Sophia, and the marriage of his parents, John Easter and Sophia Bobbin (not Boltin), at LDS Family Search. Scroll down to browse images and choose, United Kingdom, then England Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts 1685-1941, Archdeaconry of Norfolk: for baptism, choose 1827 and go to initial B, for Bircham, image 139; for the marriage, choose 1826, initial B, image 146.
Other people are researching this Easter family. Google John Easter and Sophia Bobbin Norfolk to find more info. John and Sophia apparently had at least 9 children. I found Sophia's baptism on FreeReg at Rootsweb. She was baptised May 25, 1806, St. Peter and St. Andrew, Great Ringstead, Norfolk, born April 15, 1806...parents Henry Bobbin and Elizabeth Parsons. (Parsons is the middle name of the William Easter who was baptised January 7, 1827, at Bircham Tofts.)

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 11:30PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 10 Dec 2012 1:56PM GMT
Hello Amanda,

There are at least three apparently related records on Ancestry.

- A convict transportation record indicates that he was convicted on 26 oct 1849 as you recount but that he was not transported until 31 Jul 1852, on the Lady Montagu.

- The court record confirms the conviction date indicates the the Norfolk County Court was then sitting at Walsingham. which would have been in the general vicinity of the offence and by implication quite possibly the vicinity where he lived.

- The 1851 census has him as a prisoner in the convict prison at Portland Dorset - unmarried, age 23, labourer. The Place of birth is transcribed as you report but the original text is far from clear.

You will wish to look at the evidence for yourself and will also see from a map of Norfolk that The Bircham parishes are about 12 miles or so from the Walsinghams (in an area to the north of the main road between Kings Lynn and Fakenham).

This supports the help you have received from 90sum3 and may lead you to further findings. Incidentally, FamilySearch is particularly good on Norfolk PR.

Good luck with your continued research.

Paul
per page

Find a board about a specific topic