Search for content in message boards

Uhrmann or Uhrman

Uhrmann or Uhrman

Posted: 21 May 2007 8:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Uhrmann, Uhrman, Ritzinger
I am looking for information on my Great-grandfather Mathias Ritzinger who emigrated from Munich,Germany in about 1889-1890 and settled in the Milwaukee, WI area. He was born on 4/3/1868 in Munich. I would be interested in any information available on his parents, siblings etc. either in Germany or in the U.S. He worked as a brewer and later in life, he owned a coal company on 24th and Cherry St. in Milwaukee. He died on 5/17/1935 and is buried at Calvary Cemetery in Milwaukee.

Mathias married Mary Uhrmann (or Uhrman) 9/29/1891 in Milwaukee. They had somewhere between 7 and 10 children, of which only two survived to adulthood. Mary Uhrmann was born in Garmisch, Bavaria, Germany on 3/21/1872 and died in Waukesha, WI on 8/3/1963. I do not have information on her parents, but I know she had the following siblings: Joseph b. 3/29/1873 in Bavaria, d. 1/8/1947 in Milwaukee, a sister whose name is unknown who became a Catholic Nun (Sister Emmanuella) b. Unknown, d. 1/13/1955 in Waukesha, WI, a sister Kate (Katherine) b. 7/1884 in Bavaria, d. Unknown (she married a Emil Burgermeister about 1909-1910 and lived in Milwaukee, and a sister Anna b. 12/28/1889 in Wisconsin, d. 5/1969 in Milwaukee. Any available information on her parents, other siblings or her children would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Uhrmann or Uhrman

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 10:52PM GMT
I found the marriage date and information needed.
The license should have parents names on it.

Name: Mathias Ritzinger
Marriage Date: 29 Sep 1891
County: Milwaukee
Volume: 23
Page: 0328
Name: Mary Uhrmann
Marriage Date: 29 Sep 1891
County: Milwaukee
Volume: 23
Page: 0328

Use the information below to obtain copies of originals from the state of Wisconsin:
Wisconsin Division of Health
Vital Records
P.O. Box 309
1 West Wilson Street, Rm 158
Madison, WI 53701
(608) 266-1371

Re: Uhrmann or Uhrman

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 11:05PM GMT
Thank you very much. Are you descended from the Uhrmann/Uhrman or the Ritzinger line?

Re: Ritzinger & Uhrmann family in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 19 May 2013 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: Ritzinger Uhrmann
Mathias & Maria (Uhrmann) Ritzinger published death notices and a public thanks (Danksagung) in Milwaukee's German papers for their infant son Clarence Friedrich (1 yr old). Many years later, Mathias' death notices were published in these papers. This information is collected in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).

It may be a fine line for some, but the German-American papers publish memorials to the deceased. The English language papers publish information.

Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers find their ancestors among Milwaukee's 99%.

Re: Uhrmann or Uhrman in Milwaukee's German Newspapers Index

Posted: 19 May 2013 5:53PM GMT
Surnames: Uhrmann Ritzinger
There are just a handful of Uhrmann entries in the current version of "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).

1889 - Uhrmann, Georg Sr. (30 yr)
1893 - Uhrmann, Mrs. (Wauwatosa Rd.; fire)
1930 - Uhrmann, Wilhelm (b. 1888)
1935 - Ritzinger, Mathias (67 yr; Maria, née Uhrmann)
1947 - Uhrmann, Joseph F. (53 yr)

Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers find their ancestors among Milwaukee's 99%.

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 7:32PM GMT
Gary:

Thanks so much. I'll take a look at the database. Please continue to do the great work you are doing.

Thanks,
Red

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 7:50PM GMT
Gary:

Am I able to access this database via Ancestry.com or through another website?

Thanks,
Red

Posted: 27 Jul 2013 12:55PM GMT
"Am I able to access this database via Ancestry.com or through another website?"

Not at this time; this isn't a Mormon/Ancestry project. A printed version is cataloged at the local public library. But indexing has continued since the last update there in 2010.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect evidence of our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions