Search for content in message boards

marriage record for robert WOODS living in Norfolk

marriage record for robert WOODS living in Norfolk

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 12:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jan 2013 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: Woods
Hi, i am looking for the wife to Robert Woods. he is on the 1951 England census living in norfolk, aged 45 with children charlotte, henrietta, James, john. I am struggling to find a mother to these children, i have found a possible baptism for charlotte on family search called charlotte but that is the only thing i can find. i would really appreciate any help with this.

Re: marriage record for robert WOODS living in Norfolk

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 2:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jan 2013 2:16PM GMT
I guess you mean the 1851 census, showing the ages and place(s) of birth of the children. Pick a child born after the start of general registration and get a copy birth registration. This should show mother's name, including maiden name.

You will then be in a better position to search for Robert's marriage which (if after 1837 start of General registration) will provide further helpful information.

Good luck

Re: marriage record for robert WOODS living in Norfolk

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 9:22PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 1 Feb 2013 2:18PM GMT
Surnames: PEEK, TOMPSON
In the Norfolk Marriage CDs 1801-1837 there are only 3 CHARLOTTES that married a Robert Woods. One is to young for your robert the other 2 are
15/11/1827 at Gt Yarmouth to a CHARLOTTE PEEK
and
15/12/1829 in Norton Subcourse to a Charlotte TOMPSON.

Hope these might help.
Good luck
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions