Search for content in message boards

Coleman/Thomassee/Bush/Grissom/Powell/Monroe/Gilbert

Coleman/Thomassee/Bush/Grissom/Powell/Monroe/Gilbert

Posted: 3 Oct 2001 2:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any family connections to these names in Rapides area, esp Boyce, Cotile, Hemphill, Gardner area
I am a direct descendent of these names
Willing to share info
Joy Coleman

Re: Coleman/Thomassee/Bush/Grissom/Powell/Monroe/Gilbert

Posted: 1 Jul 2002 12:15PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2003 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: nichols/coleman
hi, I have 3 sisters, Alma b 1892 d 1988; Anna b 1889 d 1911; Fannie b 1898 d 1984 daughters of John J Coleman and Cordelia ? John J Coleman b 1859 Mississippi d 1938 Rapides Parish, Louisiana; Cordelia ? b 1865 Mississippi d 1904 Louisiana.
I also have a Mitchell Bush Coleman b Mar 1879 d Oct 1949 in Louisiana, married Lola C Nichols.

Alma married Jesse R Nichols. Anna married Thomas A Nichols. After Anna died, Thomas married Fannie.
Let me know if these Coleman's tie in with yours.

Posted: 4 Jul 2002 12:45AM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2003 4:24AM GMT
Jane Ryan,
I would love to talk to you. Write me back at my email address of joyjuneau@aol.com

I have a John Coleman, born Mississippi who is the son of James William Coleman, born 1813 (probably in Georgia) who married Elizabeth Sheppard. This couple had 7 children-

1. William S. Coleman born Jan 6, 1837 in Virginia who married Nancy Eliza Bush born 1846. Both died in Rapides.
I am descendent of this line. They are buried in Hemphill Star Cemetery at Lake Cotile.
2.Sarah Coleman born Mississippi.
3.John Coleman born Mississippi. COULD THIS BE YOUR JOHN
4, Nathaniel Austin Coleman born Florida
5.Elizabeth Coleman born Mississippi
6.Mitchell Coleman (THIS HAS TO BE A CONNECTION- YOUR MITCHELL BUSH COULD BE NAMED AFTER THIS MITCHELL COLEMAN, BROTHER -IN-LAW OF THE NANCY BUSH)

If your Coleman and Bush family are buried at Hemphill Star Cemetery, there is a definite connection.

Joy Coleman
Lake Charles, La.

lillie collins/daniels (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2002 4:56AM GMT
Surnames: Collins/Byrds/ Thomasee/Walker
Hi: I am looking for any of the Thomasee most specially the ones related to Casey Thomasee and Annabell Byrd. AnnaBell was my mothers' sister. I would love to hear from any of them or if any one can put me in touch with them. They lived in Grant Parish between Colfax and Montgomery. Thank you . Lillie Daniels

Posted: 29 Aug 2008 10:42PM GMT
I haven't checked this site in a long time so hopefully you're still active. Casey Thomisee was my uncle. His real name was Harrison Joseph, born Feb. 14, 1914. He died Jan. 14, 1964 when I was pretty young. What information can I help you with? Annabelle died in 1961 - both are buried in Bethal Cemetery near Colfax, La. My line of Thomassee's changed their name with his father - John Thomisee which is why you might not be finding information on him. Casey served in the military, and I believe he died from cancer. I would have to check with my mother. I don't live in La anymore but my mother and sister may still keep up with some of his children. My email address is kthomisee@att.net if I can assist you any further.
Kathy

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 12:25AM GMT
I am decendant of William S Coleman. My geandfather is William Steven Coleman son of Willian S. Coleman. My father is Joseph Walker Coleman son of William Steven Coleman and Ola McDaniel Coleman.

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 9:07PM GMT
I have 3 children for cousin Walker and his second wife. I too am a decendant of William Steven, son of James William Coleman. My grandfather was Thomas Jefferson Coleman, brother of your grandfather. I met Walker in 2003, Texas with Mimi (?). Would love to share info on the Bush/Coleman line.
337-478-6491-
joyjuneau@digiblur.com
Joy Coleman

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 9:17PM GMT
John Jasper "Jesse" Coleman married Cordelia Funderburk, dau of Joseph Green Funderburk and Martha Houfman. Mitchell Bush Coleman is the son of William Steven Coleman while Jesse is the brother of the same William Steven Coleman. Their father James William Coleman had at least 2 wives but I am at a loss as to which mother gave birth to them.

These are my family members.

joyjuneau@digiblur.com
337-478-6491
Joy Coleman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions