Search for content in message boards

WOOD family

WOOD family

Rick Wood (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WOOD
I am researching the WOOD family in Van Buren County from 1850-1920. My great-great grandfather's brother died in Lawton on 6 September 1901. I am trying to find out what his first name was and any information about his family.
Rick Wood (hollybriar@juno.com)

Re: WOOD family

Posted: 27 Dec 2005 10:01PM GMT
My great-grandfather was a farm hand for a Robert Wood. His name is listed below the Wood family on one census. The farm was just outside of Lawton.

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 3:43PM GMT
Hi Rick, I am also researching this family and am wondering if we can share and compare our notes. The great-great grandfather's brother was named Robert Wood and he had five other siblings that immigrated to America from Belfast Ireland. He was married to Margaret Hughes and they had a few children. His brother George was my great-great-great grandfather.

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 6:57PM GMT

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 5:21PM GMT
Did you ever get all the information you needed? I have done quite a bit of research on the Wood family in Van Buren County. My husband's great-grandmother was Adeline Wood Haney. If you are in need of more info let me know.

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 3:44PM GMT
I am not sure that the other Wood family in Van Buren County are related. I have come across information, but cannot put them together as the same line. In the cemetery plot that Robert and Margaret are in there is another Wood that I cannot link, so maybe he is the other line? Sometimes it gets very confusing.

Posted: 16 Jul 2013 6:54AM GMT
Hello reidsarah,
You posted a picture of Frank and Frances Wiese. They are my great grandparents. What's your connection?

Thanks,
Scott Wiese

Posted: 17 Jul 2013 7:10PM GMT
They are my great great grandparents. My grandfather is Edward John Herr, the son of John G. Herr, who is the son of Adam Herr and Anna Wiese. Anna is Frank and Frances' daughter. My email is reidsarah1969@gmail.com send me an email and we can share information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic