Search for content in message boards

REEVES marriages

REEVES marriages

Posted: 9 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: reeves, moreland, littlejohn
Ref: "Marriages Among the Cherokees" by Alma Hutchins (marriages extracted from the Dawes applications):

Reeves, John R. married Alice Victoria Moreland in 1891.
Reeves, John R. married Margaret A. Littlejohn in 1899.

Reeves, Ulysis S. married Mary E. Moreland 8 Dec 1892

Also shown are marriages of Addison (1894), Charles B. (1888), Henry (1885), Rachel A.(1885) and Columbus M. Reeves (1886).

REEVES marriages

Posted: 9 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: BENNETT, HANCOCK, REEVES, SELVEY
Looking for information on JOHN R. REEVES, born Georgia. He married AMELIA SELVEY and had daughter MARGARET MAUDE REEVES (born December 7, 1885, died Jan. 15, 1958 at Tahlequah, Cherokee Co., Ok.) and son WILLIAM REEVES, who married "Cora" lived at Pryor, Mayes Co.,(they had at least 4 children, John Reeves, Howard Reeves, Mabel Reeves, Harry Reeves) all born between 1910 and 1916 at Pryor, Mayes Co., and possibly another son, JOHN REEVES who married a "Maxine." Margaret Maude REEVES married ALLEN ROSS BENNETT and had 9 children born at PRYOR, MAYES CO. OK. JOHN R. REEVES married 2nd "Alice" and had at least 3 children. Third wife was "Lydia" - - one or both of these last two wives were Native American and bore two children, HOGAN T. REEVES, born 1900 and JESSE WHIT REEVES, born 1903 died 1933 and is buried at PRYOR CEMETERY, Mayes Co., Ok. Both Hogan and Jesse are mentioned in the DAWES ROLL with 1/32 Indian blood. A daughter of one of the three above marriages married a HANCOCK. A child, THOMAS HANCOCK is listed as buried at Pryor Cemetery 1907 and mentioned as "Grandchild of J.R. Reeves." John R. Reeves was on 1920 census for Pryor, Mayes Co., and listed as age 60 yrs., widowed and a "hotel keeper." Both Hogan and Jesse are living with him. Any help at all on this family appreciated. Thank you.
Karen

REEVES marriages

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 8:48PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: reeves, chronister
Is there a way I could get a copy of the marriage record of Henry Reeves and Martha Chronister from the book you mentioned my e-mail is mouse193@starstream.net.I would appreciate any help you could give.

REEVES marriages

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 9:21PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Reeves, Scott
The only marriage for a Henry Reeves shown in this index was to Arlie Scott on 19 Dec 1885.

You may have a different Henry Reeves or he may have had a later marriage.

jc

REEVES marriages

Clella and Arlie Stiles (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2002 11:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Reeves, Littlejohn, Powell, Hale
I was interested in your post. I am looking for the marriage of John R. Reeves and Margaret A. Littlejohn (or Adair). Margaret's mother was Emily Adair, who married Wm. N. Littlejohn. My Margaret Littlejohn md John R. Reeves in 1899. Had two sons, Hogan b. 1900 and Jesse b. 1902. Margaret died in 1905. This info I got from Hogan Reeve's Guin Miller application. Are we talking about the same John Reeves?

REEVES marriage

Posted: 4 Feb 2002 10:26PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: Reeves
Yes, we are talking about the same John R. Reeves. Would be interested in sharing information. Thank You.

REEVES marriages

Posted: 18 Apr 2002 5:50PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 9:07PM GMT
Can you tell me who the parents of John were?

REEVES marriages

Posted: 18 Apr 2002 6:20PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2010 9:06PM GMT
Surnames: king, reeves
All I know is what was on his death certificate. It says his mother was Sarah/Sally King, his father possibly named William. I don't have anything else. Family "lore" says William Reeves was born in North Carolina. John I know was born at SpringPlace, Murray County, Ga.

REEVES marriages

Posted: 18 Apr 2002 6:24PM GMT
I don't do research backward or "go fishin'" (searching for "a name" that could be anywhere in the entire world)!

Where/when was YOUR John Reeves born and where was he living in 1900?

jc

REEVES marriages

Posted: 18 Apr 2002 6:31PM GMT
No-- if you have his death certificate, then that ISN'T "all that you have". You have his date/place of birth and his date/place of death, if he was married-- then it would list his wife's name.

If he was born in Spring Place GA AFTER 1838 (Removal) then it is very doubtful that he was Cherokee. I have been over there a number of times- and have yet to find an Indian living in that area. The place was wiped pretty clean in the removal.

jc
per page

Find a board about a specific topic