Search for content in message boards

Bavaria-Cincinnati-Seattle: Adam J. Boehm b abt 1842

Bavaria-Cincinnati-Seattle: Adam J. Boehm b abt 1842

Posted: 4 Jul 2004 11:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boehm Twombly
Seeking parents and/or sibs of my g grandpa ADAM J. BOEHM (b abt 1842 Bavaria) He and his 1st wife (Sophia Heman/Herman) had 6 children (Ida, Ellis, Frank Louis..my grandfather, Aggie, Adam C. and Julia.) when they lived in the Cincinnati,OH and Ludlow/Covington, KY area. (1880 census) Adam J. Boehm was photographed in the Seattle area about 1900 at his home with some of his adult children (Frank, Adam C and Julia with her husband William Twombly) along with his 2nd wife (name???)and their new family (Leonora, Al and Hilda). Frank Louis Boehm married Margaret Doris Hartinger in 1907 and raised their 4 children in the Seattle area. All 4 married and raised THEIR families in southern Calif. Any ideas or info, please post, plus email me LBArroyo@earthlink.net . Thanks

Re: Bavaria-Cincinnati-Seattle: Adam J. Boehm b abt 1842

Posted: 2 Feb 2005 11:16PM GMT
Surnames: Boehm, Bohm, Herrmann
I also have Boehm/Herrmann connection in the early to mid 1800's. Although, my Boehm/Herrmann marriage is probably a generation before yours, it's possible that our ancestors were from the same area. My ancestors were from Hordt and Bellheim, Germany. They moved to the US about 1850, and came to Erie, PA. Many other people from the Hordt-Bellheim area also came over at that time as well. It seemed to be, for my family from that area anyway, about a 50 year period when they came over. The earliest being about 1845 and the latest about 1895. I'm not really sure what was happening at that time to make them all get up and leave, but that's what they did. Anyway, I just thought I'd give you a place to start your search in Bavaria. Also the name of the church in Hordt was/is St. George's Church. I think it's still there anyway.

Katie

Posted: 2 Jun 2006 6:39AM GMT
Hi Lauren,

My Gr-Gr-Grandparents were Conrad and Martha BOHM/BOEHM/BOEM/BAUM/BAHM. I spell my name as BAHM today. On Ancestry.com list of Passengers to New York 1851-1891 Conrad and Martha's last name is spelled as BOHM along with their son, Jacob. They came over to the US on 7 Mar 1868 according to this list. An Adam STEIG also came with them. He was a brother to my Gr-Grandmother Anna Mary STEIG who married Jacob BAHM at Wyoming, Stark Co., IL on 13 APR 1870.

Gr-Grandma Anna had a sister named Lena or Magdalena, a brother named Adam-the one who came over with Conrad and Magd, and also a stepbrother named Jacob ZIMMERMAN.

According to the list they were all born in Bavaria, Germany but I am not too familiar with where that is or any of its towns.

Does any of these sound familiar to you? I am hoping so as I need the help. Thanks for any you might have, Lauren.

Jim

Posted: 3 Jan 2014 6:02AM GMT
Hello,
I home this reaches you since you posted this quite awhile ago. Julia Boehm Twombly is my Husband's Great Grandmother. The picture you speak of I too have a scanned copy of that I got from my father in law.
Her brother was Adam S.Boehm and her parents were Adam J. Boehm & Sophia Herman. I don't have much information on Adam J., but I have found more on Sophia and her family that I found the ship manifest of their arrival from Germany.
Adam J. Boehm's second wife's name was Philomena and she died here in the Seattle area.
I would love to talk to you more about this line, since my father in law really didn't know much. I have been sharing info with him.
I would be interested to know if you have any additional pictures of that side of the family as that is the only known photo's of all of the above my father in law had.
I will e mail you as well as post it. My e mail address is blovi8r@aol.com feel free to contact me too.
Sincerely,
Theresa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions